- Time Waits For No One, But GPs Have To. Davis, Avram // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/21/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 32, p6
The article discusses investment strategies of private-equity firms. Infusion of additional cash into assets was suggested in order to support tactical alteration of portfolio companies. It is noted that a strategy similar to the traditional norm will be implemented for staggering investments...
- Distressed Investors Set Sights on Private Equity Cos. Marino, Jonathan // Bank Loan Report;12/7/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p5
The article focuses on the move of distressed investors to aim for private equity-backed companies as they know that their balance sheets make for easy prey. It mentions that the move brings a fight wherein many sponsors have already had to endure. It is stated that private equity firms who...
- Report time: iron ore and capital headwinds. Powell, Rose // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/30/2015, p20
The article reports that equity investors are expecting upcoming financial results of companies in Australia to be characterized by the falling dollar, commodity crunch and several new regulatory measures facing banks.
- Still Standing. Kalette, Denise // National Real Estate Investor;May2010, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p16
The article examines the business condition of Glimcher Realty Trust, a real estate investment trust (REIT) in Columbus, Ohio. It states that the company has lost rental income and risked losing its financing as well as incurring legal actions by the lender and tax consequences. Glimcher's REIT...
- The Carveout Discount. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/7/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p36
This article focuses on the appeal of carveout transactions to private equity firms. In April 2010, Aurora Capital's special situations fund Aurora Resurgence acquired four steel processing and distribution facilities. It notes that there are some complexities that make carveouts harder than...
- New Look Coming for JPM Chase Financial Reports. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;4/13/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 71, p2
This article presents information about JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s (JPM) recent disclosure of several changes to its financial reporting process. In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, JPM said that starting April 19, when it announces first-quarter earnings, results from its...
- Data Centre: Private equity in emerging markets. // Asian Investor;Jun2013, p1
The article focuses on financial statement for first quarter for fiscal 2013 released by the Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (Empea) for private equities in Asia. Capital investment in the period stood at 2.7 billion U.S. dollars which was similar to same period in 2012. Several...
- KTB Private Equity seeks foreign collaboration. // Asian Investor;Jun2012, p56
The article reports on the plan of KTB Private Equity to increase collaboration with foreign fund partners and explore more overseas deal-sourcing opportunities in future.
- Private equity deals. Primack, Dan // Fortune.com;10/17/2013, p1
News briefs on private equity and private equity fund investments are presented including the acquisition of NJoy Baby SL by Riverside Co., the investment by Clearlake Partners in Taymax Fitness LLC and the acquisition of PointPark Properties by TPG Capital and Ivanhoe Cambridge.