Hedge Fund Strategies Just Too Risky
- New Twists Emerge In Registration Saga. Lewis, Janet // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/21/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 44, p9
Reports on the regulations set by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commissions (SEC) for the registration of hedge fund. Effort of hedge fund advisers to avoid registration with SEC; Exemption for the SEC registration; Deadline for the registration.
- The Hedge Fund Fight Is Not Over. Bresiger, Gregory // Traders Magazine;Dec2004, Vol. 17 Issue 233, p15
Reports that the officials of the Managed Futures Association (MFA), which was one of the groups that opposed the battle over registration of hedge funds, has expected someone to file lawsuit against the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Argumentation of MFA that SEC does not have...
- No Holds Barred. Bloomenthal, Andrew // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/3/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 18, p26
Focuses on the debate over the governmental scrutiny of hedge funds in the United States. Growth of hedge fund assets; Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) views on hedge funds; Risks associated with the lack of regulation of hedge funds; Debate over the SEC registration of hedge funds.
- Divisive SEC Meeting Leads to Hedge Fund Registration. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/27/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31998, p7
The article reports that in a long and divisive meeting, the five members of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) yesterday voted 3 to 2 to adopt a new rule and rule changes that will require hedge fund advisers managing $25 million or more of assets to register with the SEC, designate a...
- Hedge Funds Take a Pass on Retail Investors. Frankie, Chris // Money Management Executive;5/26/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p1
Focuses on the topics discussed at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission roundtable on hedge funds. Lobbying effort of hedge fund representatives to ease restrictions on mutual funds; Outlook for the hedge fund industry; Concern expressed by regulators about the risk facing investors.
- Hedge Fund Transparency At Issue...Again. Conrad, Lee // U.S. Banker;Sep2007, Vol. 117 Issue 9, p14
The article highlights the emphasis given by the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) on hedge funds. The SEC creates a working group for hedge funds in its enforcement division to combat insider trading. This division will be a liaison with other federal law enforcement agencies and...
- Nothing 'Lite' About Funds. // Securities Industry News;7/12/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p4
Comments on rumors about the registration of hedge funds with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Overview of articles published in the July 12, 2004 issue of the periodical "Securities Industry News."
- Fund Probe Ups Ante. Hintze, John // Securities Industry News;12/6/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the concerns of brokerage firms that provide clearing services regarding investigations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) into mutual-fund related activities. Move of several private brokerage firms to increase reserves intended to cover possible fines or...
- Compliance Officer Is Key for Hedge Funds. Curtis, Carol E. // Securities Industry News;12/6/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p23
Focuses on the role of chief compliance officers (CCOs) in the hedge fund industry in the midst of increased regulations imposed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Information on the CCO requirement issued by the SEC; Similarities between the rules for hedge funds and mutual...