Hedge Fund Strategies Just Too Risky
- New Twists Emerge In Registration Saga. Lewis, Janet // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/21/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 44, p9
Reports on the regulations set by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commissions (SEC) for the registration of hedge fund. Effort of hedge fund advisers to avoid registration with SEC; Exemption for the SEC registration; Deadline for the registration.
- The Hedge Fund Fight Is Not Over. Bresiger, Gregory // Traders Magazine;Dec2004, Vol. 17 Issue 233, p15
Reports that the officials of the Managed Futures Association (MFA), which was one of the groups that opposed the battle over registration of hedge funds, has expected someone to file lawsuit against the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Argumentation of MFA that SEC does not have...
- Hedge Fund Transparency At Issue...Again. Conrad, Lee // U.S. Banker;Sep2007, Vol. 117 Issue 9, p14
The article highlights the emphasis given by the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) on hedge funds. The SEC creates a working group for hedge funds in its enforcement division to combat insider trading. This division will be a liaison with other federal law enforcement agencies and...
- Compliance Officer Is Key for Hedge Funds. Curtis, Carol E. // Securities Industry News;12/6/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p23
Focuses on the role of chief compliance officers (CCOs) in the hedge fund industry in the midst of increased regulations imposed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Information on the CCO requirement issued by the SEC; Similarities between the rules for hedge funds and mutual...
- Prime Brokers Cope with Hedge Fund Regulation: Less Scrutiny, More Risk? Hintze, John // Securities Industry News;Winter2005, Vol. 17, p5
Focuses on the efforts of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to regulate the hedge fund industry as of January 2005. Information on a SEC ruling on investment policies and procedures of hedge fund managers; Details of the Investment Advisors Act of 1940; Possible impact of...
- TowerGroup: Transparency May Dull Funds' Luster. Wold, Melanie // Securities Industry News;6/13/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p18
Reports that hedge funds will be required to register with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in 2006. Impact of the registration on hedge fund advisers; Highlights of the TowerGroup industry conference in Boston, Massachusetts, in May 2005; Benefits of regulation on hedge funds.
- Settled Administrative Proceeding Against Zurich Capital Markets Inc. for Financing of Hedge Funds' Illegal Market Timing. // ComplyNet;May2007, p3
This article states that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has settled administrative proceeding against Zurich Capital Markets Inc. (ZCM) for its role in providing financing to hedge fund clients that engaged in market timing of mutual funds and facilitating the hedge funds'...
- Registration Pro and Con. Punater, Jayesh // Securities Industry News;10/24/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p4
Examines regulatory issues on U.S. hedge funds under the Rule 203(b)(3)-2 of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Information on the September 2003 report "Implications of the Growth of Hedge Funds" conducted by the SEC; Goal of the regulation concerning investors; Background on...
- Ripples from SECs Hedge Fund Move. Friedlander, Josh // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/18/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 40, p11
Focuses on the move of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to require hedge fund registration. Advantage of the move for pension; Growth of pension investments in unregulated investment pools; Registration of hedge fund.