What's Behind UBS's New Loan Unit?
- UBS to Start Life Insurance Underwriting Unit. Friedman, Amy S. // American Banker;9/18/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 179, p15
Reports that banking company UBS AG is setting up a life insurance subsidiary and will offer five product lines in Switzerland starting in the first quarter of 2001. Reasons cited for the establishment of a life insurance subsidiary; Four lines that UBS insurance unit plans to underwrite.
- UBS Faces 2001 from Strong Position. // American Banker;12/26/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 246, p15
Discusses the strong position that UBS AG holds in the banking industry as it enters 2001. The record net income that UBS reported for the first nine months of 2000; Why the company's money management business is faltering; UBS's rebuilding effort; Analysts' reaction to the recovery that UBS...
- The Notorious Option Shaking a Triple-A Bank. Lanchner, David; Shepherd, Bill // Global Finance;Nov98, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p10
Provides information on the option deal that UBS, Europe's largest investment bank, has arranged with the hedge fund shop of John W. Meriwether. Effect of the option scandal on the banking operations of UBS; Investment plans of shareholders for the business; Details of the option deal.
- Smaller players exposed by FOFA. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;12/9/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p5
The article presents a report from UBS Investment Research in Australia which examined the impact of the regulatory environment surrounding the Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) reforms and the Copper Review on the major wealth management and insurance companies.
- UBS to cut up to 10,000 investment banking jobs. Salih, Chris // Money Marketing (Online Edition);10/29/2012, p28
The article reports that UBS AG has planned to scale back its investment banking capabilities by cutting around 10,000 banking jobs.
- Karen Phin. Gibbons, Patrice; Murrill, Maureen // BRW;4/6/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p20
Profiles Karen Phin, an Australian share-buyback specialist. Duties as director of corporate finance at UBS Warburg LLC; Attitudes towards investment banking; Increase in the number of women in the field in recent years; Refusal to work on weekends.
- UBS Warburg to consolidate trading arm. // Power Economics;Jan2003, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the planned closure of the energy trading office of the investment bank UBS Warburg in the U.S. Decline of the trading volumes; Decrease of credit rating; Relocation of the business operation.
- News. Sidders, Jack // Estates Gazette;4/11/2015, Issue 826, p03
The article reports on the plan of investment banking UBS to open an innovation laboratory on the One Canada Square building in London, England.
- UBS makes progress on cost savings as profits rise. McDowell, Hayley // Ai Trade News;10/28/2016, p1
The article reports that investment bank UBS AG announced on October 28, 2016 its financial results for third quarter (Q3) of 2016, with adjusted pre-tax profit rising 33 percent year-on-year to 1.3 billion Swiss francs and annual cost savings increasing to 1.5 billion Swiss francs.