Phil Purcell's Crosses to Bear
- Morgan Stanley Dean Witter. // Bond Buyer;12/14/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30787, Mutual Fund Directory p38
Features investment company Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co. Largest portfolio managers; Total assets under management; Total municipal assets under management; Number of funds; Number of municipal funds; Investment outlook; Top funds ranked by total return.
- Morgan Stanley to re-open P2 Value fund. // EuroProperty;9/20/2010, p2
The article informs that Morgan Stanley is planning to re-open its open-ended P2 Value fund on November 1, 2010.
- Morgan Stanley FX Alpha funds in limbo. // Money Management;7/29/200, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p4
The article reports that the three FX Alpha Funds from Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. have been on hold by Standard & Poor's Corp. following confirmation that they will be closed by the end of September 2010, with money being returned to investors.
- Morgan Stanley fund secures year extension -- but at a price. O'CONNELL, BRIDGET // Estates Gazette;1/14/2012, Issue 1202, p46
The article reports that U.S.-based global financial services company Morgan Stanley has secured an extension for its megafund Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund VII, after compromising with investors.
- New European core fund marks shift in appetites. Carpenter, Andrea; Cattanach, Catherine // Estates Gazette;02/01/2003, Issue 305, p47
Provides information on the plan of investment bank Morgan Stanley regarding the launch of a core fund in Europe. Value of the core fund; Purpose of the core fund; Contribution of PruPIM to the core fund.
- Confusion Reigns Atop Morgan Stanley. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/20/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 24, p6
Comments on the resignation of Philip Purcell as chief executive officer of Morgan Stanley in the U.S. Plan of Purcell to leave the firm as soon as a replacement is named; Consideration of offering their own state of directors by dissidents; Amount of combined stock awards and pension plans to...
- Morgan Stanley Chief Apologizes to SEC. // American Banker;5/2/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 84, p20
Reports that Morgan Stanley chief executive officer, Philip Purcell, apologized to the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for his remarks about a $1.4 billion global settlement. Indication that Purcell's remarks might be a violation of the settlement terms; Background on the...
- Morgan Stanley CEO to speak October 29 at university. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/26/98, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p13
Reports that Philip Purcell, chairman and chief executive officer of Morgan Stanley & Co. will speak at a luncheon sponsored by the David Eccles School of Business, Garn Institute of Finance at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Checkmate: How Dean Witter outmaneuvered Morgan Stanley. Wirth, Gregg // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/26/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 12, pN.PAG
Focuses on post-consolidation efforts of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co. chief executive officer Philip Purcell to take control of the company. Details of consolidation deal between Morgan Stanley Group Inc. and Dean Witter; Plan of Purcell to replace Morgan Stanley's employees with employees...