The Maidu-Hawaiian Connection
- Now in D.C., the New York City experience. Chinni, Dante // Christian Science Monitor;7/6/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 155, p2
Reports on the Smithsonian Folklife Festival 2001, which is focusing on New York City, N.Y., in the National Mall, Washington, D.C. Traditions of New York which will be celebrated in the festival, including subways and bagels; Goals of the presentation, and the view that it leaves Washington in...
- what's On. // In Britain;Feb/Mar2005, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p78
The article presents a list of events as well as exhibition, which is scheduled to take place in Great Britain in the month of February 2005. Some of the events included in the list are: Cheltenham Folk Festival, which is to take place during 11-13 February at Cheltenham and Gloucester shire,...
- ARIZONA. // Where it's at Magazine;Mar2009, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p4
A calendar of events for Arizona from March to October 2009 is presented which includes a fun run, "Folk Festival," and "Art in the Park."
- CALENDAR. // Piecework;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p6
A calendar of fashion events for the year 2010 in the U.S. is presented including the International Quilt Festival on July 23-25 in Long Beach, California, the Kutztown Folk Festival through July 11 in Pennsylvania, and the American Craft Council Show on August 14-16 in San Francisco, California.
- CALIFORNIA. // Where it's at Magazine;Winter2009/2010, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p6
A calendar of events for California is presented which includes the Holiday Crafts Faire in Novato from December 4 to 5, 2009, the Ventura Spring Home & Garden Show in Ventura from March 19 to 21, 2010 and the Adams Avenue Roots & Folk Festival in San Diego from April 24 to 25, 2010.
- Art installation aimed at creating dialogue. Kirman, Paula E. // Alberta Sweetgrass;Sep2013, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p6
The article reviews the exhibition "Monto" at the Edmonton Folk Festival in Alberta in early August 2013.
- WHAT'S ON AROUND THE TRAPS IN april. // Australian House & Garden;Apr2004, Issue 4, p46
The article provides information on exhibitions related to interior designing. Royal Easter Show is on April 2 and continue till April 15. National Folk Festival, will be from April 8 to April 12. Five fabulous days of folk music, dance, arts, crafts and much more will be at the festival. It...
- What's on. // Australian House & Garden;Oct2010, p203
The article presents a calendar of events to be held in various parts of the world including the Finders Keepers markets, where one can buy original homewares and fashion made by local designers, to be held during October 9-10, 2010 at Shed4, Docklands; Wildflower Spectacular to be held during...
- Hot off the Skillet. Granada, Stephanie; Happenings; Lyons, Jeanne // Southern Living;Oct2013, Vol. 48 Issue 10, pMVA2
The article offers information on people, trends and events in the Southern U.S. as of October 2013. "The Crossroads of Memory: Carroll Cloar and the American South" exhibition will open at the Georgia Museum of Art in Athens on October 5. There is a renewed interest in sherry among Southern...