- U.S.: $3B to end royalty dispute with Indian tribes. DALY, MATTHEW // Native American Times;12/18/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p1
The article focuses on the proposal of the Barack Obama administration to pay 3 billion U.S. dollars to settle the centuries-old claim of American Indian tribes on oil, gas and grazing royalties since 1887. Stipulations in the agreement of the settlement case known as Cobell v. Salazar includes...
- Withering on the vine. Kuchar, Vladimir // Prague Business Journal;9/24/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 38
Reports the impact of registering wine-producing vineyards on the wine industry in Czech Republic. Registration of vineyards to Agricultural Control and Testing Institute; Need to register vineyards to access the European Union market; Effect of the laws on subsidies.
- Introduction. Latta, Frank F. // Indian Summer: Traditional Life Among the Choinumne Indians of C;1993, p19
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one which describes the San Joaquin Valley in California and another which discusses the traditional life of Choinumne Indians in San Joaquin Valley.
- Samoset and Squanto. Tougias, Michael J. // Cobblestone;Sep2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p20
Provides information on Samoset and Squanto, the American Indians who served as interpreters and guides for the English Pilgrims in 1621.
- LETTER: The White Man's Way. Anquoe, Kelly B. // Native American Times;4/15/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p5
The article presents a letter that calls for an end to the practice of name-calling and racism, and for Indian people to work for peace within and with others.
- Cases Cited. // Self-Determination: The Other Path for Native Americans;2006, p321
The article lists several court cases in the U.S., including Brendale v. Confederated Tribes & Bands of Yakima Indian Nation, C&L Enterprises Inc. v. Citizen Band Potawatomi Indian Tribe, and California v. Cabazon Band of Mission Indians.
- INDEX. // Sacred Hoop: Recovering the Feminine in American Indian Traditio;1992, p297
A subject index for the book "The Sacred Hoop: Recovering the Feminine in American Indian Traditions," is presented.
- Songs of the people. GOODING, ERIK D. // Notes;Sep1998, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p37
Opinion. Offers a documentary of the recordings of American Indian music during the era of the cassette. Mention of the Great Plains region of the United States and Canada; Inclusions of Plains-style music by non-Plains groups and recordings of Peyote music by Plains groups; Who the non-Plain...
- Snoqualmie Ethnicity: Community and Continuity. Tollefson, Kenneth D.; Abbott, Martin L // American Indian Quarterly;Fall98, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p415
Analyzes the extent to which the American Indians, who are living within the Snoqualmie River drainage system in Washington state, have maintained a sense of identity and community in the presence of severe opposition. Loss of aboriginal villages; Reduction in subsistence resources; Persistent...