- Let usability come before design. Langley, Nick // Computer Weekly;7/13/2004, p36
For a discipline that is at least 10 years old and is practiced by millions of people, web design should be reaching maturity. Yet for the third year running the annual Interactive Bureau survey of the UK's top corporate web sites has slammed FTSE 100 companies for lousy design, confusing...
- Build a dynamic table. Bradley, Helen // Australian PC User;Feb2004, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p94
- Better Ways to Browse the Web. McCracken, Harry // PCWorld;Dec2000, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p45
Focuses on web sites and applications that allow Internet users to build customized web pages and browsers. Web site Quickbrowse.com; Octopus application at www.octopus.com; OnePage and DataBites, which are similar to Octopus; Description of the personal information management capabilities of...
- Opera Lover? Gouthro, Liane // Entrepreneur;May2001, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p54
Presents the Opera Version 5.02 Web site browser software from the Opera Software company. Features of the software.
- 4c v 3.0s. Next Generation Preview Technology. // Database & Network Journal;Dec2005, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p11
The article focuses on the development of the browser add-on 4c developed by Kai Bonfigt. It shows website preview as thumbnail images speeding up access to and the visualization of information about the Internet sites. 4c in its latest version displays previews of websites programs windows...
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL RFP RICH INTERNET APPLICATIONS. Rapoza, Jim // eWeek;8/27/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p45
The article discusses the solutions for companies when the demand of their customers exceed the limitations of the browser based Web application model. As stated, though the best option is going in the direction of Rich Internet Applications (RIA), but the technology of RIA is changing...
- Microsoft, Netscape agree on HTML. Tynan, Dan // InfoWorld;12/15/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p50
Discusses the developments in the computer industry from 1996 to 1999. Information on Netscape Navigator browsers; Impact of Internet browser competition on software development; Development of the browser Internet Explorer.
- Mozilla plan sticks to basics. Rapoza, Jim // eWeek;4/28/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p60
Reports on the plan of the organization Mozilla for developing Mozilla software. Separation of browser and mail client in Mozilla; Key elements to be considered for Mozilla development; Advantage of stand-alone treatment for Mozilla mail clients. INSET: Breaking up Mozilla.
- Breaking up with IE? Fisher, Dennis // eWeek;7/12/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p9
Frustrated by the barrage of security problems surrounding Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Explorer (IE), some enterprises are looking for ways to prevent employees from using the dominant browser and are casting about for alternatives. That's because the file at the heart of IE, iexplore.exe, is...