The Metric L-Plate
- WHAT SCHOOLS ARE DOING. Wagner, Guy // Education;Sep1960, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p61
The article discusses the concept behind individualized instruction. It provides a rich classroom environment which reflects a variety of interests and turning classrooms into laboratories for learning. Individualizing instruction emphasizes on maintaining an environment of books which makes...
- Differentiated Contracts: Giving Students Freedom to Learn. Duncan, Tisha Admire // Kappa Delta Pi Record;Oct-Dec2013, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p174
The article explores how differentiated instruction can help meet the individual needs of students and provide them with the freedom to learn. In differentiated instruction, the teacher actively work and collaborate with students to develop positive learning environments. The teacher and...
- Learning Contract. // Education Digest;Nov1983, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p65
The article focuses on the National Committee for Citizens in Education which has developed a written agreement called a "Learning Contract." In this agreement the child, parent, and teacher agree to do their best to help the child learn in school, with all three having some general...
- Using a Learning Contract to Introduce Undergraduates to Research Projects. Bone, Zelma // Electronic Journal of Business Research Methods;2014, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p115
Many undergraduate Business programs aim to orient students to the research through a single-subject focussed on research design and conceptualisation. The focus of this paper is to case study a learning contract as it guides undergraduate students through a research project in a non-research...
- Safety contracts: Let it be written, let it be done. Roy, Ken // Science Scope;Mar2006, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p10
The article focuses on the importance of laboratory science safety contract. The contracts are important tools for the teachers to use in preparing and maintaining a safety working environment. It serves as an additional means of showing that the teacher is working in good faith in dealing with...
- Contract Learning. Loeser, John // Contract Learning -- Research Starters Education;3/1/2016, p1
This article discusses two different versions of contract learning used by teachers to foster independent decision making and individual responsibility for learning. Discussion focuses on the basics of traditional learning contracts and the reasons why teachers use such contracts to meet...
- MCISD extends contracts/approves Flexible Year Program. // Munday Courier (TX);4/1/2009, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p5
The article reports that Munday Consolidated Independent School District Board of Trustees (MCISD) have approved the term contract Optional Flexible Year Program for the teachers in Texas on March 26, 2009.
- Minneapolis Public Schools should honor the African American Covenant. Little, Matthew // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;2/18/2010, Vol. 75 Issue 29, p4
In this article, the author discusses the effectiveness of African American Covenant made by the African American Mobilization for Education (AAME) organization and Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS) members in Minnesota.
- Student work deal proposed. // Professional Engineering;01/28/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p5
States that a learning contract established for a formal basis for work experience could be offered to undergraduates. Objective of the contract; Who made the recommendation.