Interims boost for manufacturing
- â€¦my next move. Bell, Gail // Personnel Today;4/18/2006, p33
The article presents answers to a question on the best approach to secure interim assignments to become a successful interim manager. It is suggested that one should do networking and also sign up with an interim recruitment agency. Networking is what makes the business world go around and the...
- Short-Term Executives. Frase-Blunt, Martha // HR Magazine;Jun2004, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p110
States that companies that need an executive for a special purpose to launch a project are hiring temporary executives. Legislation which is driving much of the growth in the temporary-executive sector; Main concerns of companies when deciding whether to hire a temporary executive; Philosophy...
- Meantime manager. Brotherton, Phaedra; Clarke, Robyn D. // Black Enterprise;May99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p66
Offers some tips for making it as a professional temporary. Increase in the percentage of payroll paid to professional temporaries; Ways of sharpening ones computer skills; One of the biggest benefits to temping.
- Not-So-Short Timers. Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;11/3/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p51
Features the interim executives in Orange County, California who improved their organization's performance despite the temporary nature of the responsibilities they are holding. Maintenance of order, increase in sales, an acquisition strategy, and improved morale of employees done by Lanny...
- Sometimes, only an interim will do. McElhatton, Noelle // Marketing (00253650);5/30/2012, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including interim roles in the career development of marketing executives.
- Why and how to hire an interim. Edwards, Helen // Marketing (00253650);5/30/2012, p29
The article offers reasons why corporations should hire interim employees and how to successfully recruit consultants and interim executives.
- The rise of the HR interim. Finn, Widget // Personnel Today;5/1/2007, p33
The article reports that human resource (HR) interims are more in demand than any other job function in Great Britain. It was cited that the human resource department is one of the first departments involved when an organization requires to recruit an interim across other parts of the business....
- HERE TO STAY. Smethurst, Steve // People Management;9/17/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 18, p6
Focuses on the expanding market for interim managers in Great Britain, as of September 2004. Definition of an interim manager; Characteristics of the ideal interim manager; Background on changes in the human resources interim marketplace in several areas, including change management and merger...
- Interim roles attract senior professionals. Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;4/23/2002, p8
Reports the adoption of interim management as career by human resource professionals in Great Britain. Increase use of interims in the financial sectors; Delivery of additional expertise to business; Preference of project duration.