London congestion charges no barrier for Toyota Prius
- Study on the Traction Motor Characteristic for Hybrid Electric Vehicle. Wei Wang; Guangkui Shi; Hongwei Zhang // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 533, p321
The basic characteristic for traction motor of hybrid electric vehicle affected the dynamics, economy as well as reliability performance for the vehicle directly. The paper derived all kinds of requirements for traction motor according to how improve the overall performance for vehicle. The...
- Zytek's low carbon contender uses forfour body. // Automotive Engineer;Dec2006, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p10
The article reports that Zytek Automotive Ltd. has applied a diesel hybrid powertrain in its vehicle for the ultra low carbon car challenge sponsored by the Department of Transport in Great Britain. It was shown that Zytek's vehicles meet with the standards required by the department with the...
- Super fly. Nathan, Stuart // Engineer (00137758);2/14/2011, Vol. 296 Issue 7811, p24
The article reports on the flywheel system which is derived from Formula 1 that offers energy-efficiency benefits for road ready hybrids. It states that flywheel hybrids are a form of regenerative braking versions available on high-end models which are under test by many automotive majors. It...
- Energy Security And Saving the Planet. Lstiburek, Joseph W. // ASHRAE Journal;Jul2008, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p61
The article reflects on energy security to save the planet earth. It states that society does not have an energy crisis but rather a cheap oil crisis. He relates that energy security is mainly a transportation problem and that the solution to energy security will be the hybrid vehicles because...
- Clearing the Air With Hybrid Buses. Durso Jr., Fred // E: The Environmental Magazine;May/Jun2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p12
Discusses the role of hybrid buses in lessening air pollution in the U.S. Advantages of hybrid buses over regular diesel buses; States that are buying hybrid buses.
- Powering the future. Leavitt, Wendy // Fleet Owner;Feb2004, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p84
Comments on the development of diesel-electric hybrid trucks to meet transportation needs in the United States. Military and commercial uses of the diesel-electric hybrid vehicle; Diesel-electric hybrids tested by Federal Express for its fleets.
- Auto Tech Toyota Prius: A glimpse of the future, hybrid-powered. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;8/27/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 34, pCR10
Presents information on the Toyota Prius, the first mass-produced hybrid vehicle, while highlighting the Toyota Hybrid System (THS). When the vehicle went on sale; Scheduled date of the vehicle to the United States market; Information on the vehicle; Features of the automobile; Operation of the...
- Bye-bye Beamers and Benzes. Davis, Daniel // Daily Variety;10/30/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 18, pA7
Reports on the rising popularity of the eco-friendly car the Toyota Prius in the U.S. motion picture industry. Eco-friendly features of the car; Celebrities endorsing and using the car; Rise in demand for Prius; Benefits of the hybrid car over conventional vehicles.
- Prius: The first hybrid car spells relief for the environment. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;4/13/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p64
Reports on the introduction to the Puerto Rican public of the Toyota Prius automobile, the world's first mass-produced hybrid vehicle that runs with either electricity, gasoline or a combination of both. Automobile's use of the Toyota Hybrid System; Description of the THS system; Interiors.