Ocean Journey Bondholders Getting $2.24 Million from U.S. Bank
- Denver Aquarium Sees Deal With Investors by January 1. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31507, p6
Highlights the expectation of Colorado-based Ocean Journey Aquarium to finalize an agreement with investors holding defaulted revenue bonds by the end of the year 2002. Issues that need to be considered according to Denver, Colorado attorney Carl Eklund; Confidence of the company's president...
- Ocean Journey Creditors Catch Windfall, Thanks to Bondholders' Runoff. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31850, p3
Reports on the money received by the Ocean Journey aquarium from their claims. Interim payment received by creditors; Investment of bondholders in revenue bonds; Issuance of unrated bonds.
- Denver Mayor Won't Spend City Dollars on Aquarium. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31341, p34
Reports that aquarium officials at Denver, Colorado-based Ocean Journey will be negotiating with investors who hold the facility's $57 million of defaulted revenue bonds because of the state government's refusal to help the facility through its financial crisis. Record of Ocean Journey in debt...
- COLORADO: Troubled Waters. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/23/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31249, p35
Analyzes the financial strength of Colorado-based company Ocean Journey Aquarium in disposing off its outstanding debt payment on revenue bonds. Prospects of a refinancing deal according to Ocean Journey president Doug Townsend; Conduit issuer and bond counsel of the original deal; Source from...
- Bailout Rumors Swirl as Denver Aquarium Struggles to Pay Bills. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/30/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31191, p38
Focuses on the bond rumors involving Six Flags and the Ocean Journey in Denver, Colorado. Technical default reported by Ocean Journey; Impact of the rumors on the aquarium bond holders; Discussion for possible remedies.
- Bondholders, U.S. Bank in Tug-of-War Over Payments. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/25/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30962, p1
Reports on default on bond issues in Virginia and Pennsylvania. Refusal of the U.S. Bank to pay investors; Withholding of interest payments; Funding of the debt service reserve fund.
- Denver Aquarium Hopes To Remain Afloat Through Bankruptcy. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31357, p3
Reports the filing of Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection of the Colorado Ocean Journey Aquarium in Denver, Colorado. Consideration of options to rescue investments; Liquidation of assets; Disclosure of several prospective buyers.
- Judge Wants More Details in U.S. Bank Housing Bond Case. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31942, p4
Reports that a Minnesota state court judge wants to fully deliberate the legal issues involved in a disputer over whether U.S. Bank in St. Paul can sell troubled low-income, multifamily housing bonds in North Carolina. Bank's use of the proceeds from the bonds to pay off senior-lien bondholders;...
- No Bondholder Agreement Yet for Failed Colo. Aquarium. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/2/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31544, p3
Focuses on a debt workout plan for officials from Colorado's Ocean Journey aquarium. Adoption of reorganization plan by Ocean Journey; Issuance of revenue bonds by Ocean Journey.