US Airways Agrees to Maintain Hub Service at Pittsburgh Airport
- Pittsburgh business leaders step up after US Airways exit. SHINGLER, DAN // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/28/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p25
The article offers information on the loss of hub status by the Pittsburgh International Airport in Pennsylvania and the efforts by the city's business community to keep the airport functional. It is stated that Pittsburgh lost its hub status in 2004 when the US Airways Inc. filed for bankruptcy...
- American Airlines is 2017 ATW Airline of the Year. // Air Transport World;Feb2017, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p9
The article announces winners of 43rd annual ATW Airline Industry Achievement Awards including the 2017 ATW Airline of the Year award to American Airlines, the Value Airline of the Year award to Mexican low-cost carrier Volaris, and the Airport of the Year award to Pittsburgh International Airport.
- US Airways Hopes Government Backing Will Lead to New Loan. // Bank Loan Report;5/20/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p2
Focuses on the funding assistance requested by U.S. Airways under the U.S. government's Federal Loan Guarantee Program for the aviation industry.
- Airlines. // Travel Agent;9/16/2002, Vol. 309 Issue 10, p64
Reports global developments related to airlines as of September 2002. Derivation of nonrefundable business fare by US Airways Inc.; Reasons of creating the concept of nonrefundable ticket; Expansion of cargo deal by London Heathrow.
- Leaping and Bounding. Michels, Jennifer // Travel Agent;6/23/2003, Vol. 313 Issue 1, p44
Reports on U.S. Airways' expansion plans following its emergence from bankruptcy. Acceptance of the company into the largest airline alliance in the world; Launching of the company's ninth and tenth European destinations; Record order of the company for regional jets.
- US Airways 'will keep transatlantic services' // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;9/9/2002, Issue 2530, p9
Reports that US Airways Inc. will continue its transatlantic routes despite financial difficulties.
- US Airways to expand services. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;03/29/99, Vol. 9 Issue 24, p15
Reports on US Airways' introduction of services that will cover additional routes in New York, North Carolina and Pennsylvania.
- US Airways and its mechanics... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/6/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the strike deadline for US Airways and its mechanics in the United States.
- MetroJet's expansion tests rivals' mettle. Velocci Jr., Anthony L. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/12/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 15, p57
Focuses on US Airways' expansion of its MetroJet service to combat rivals who have targeted the airline's East Coast market. Increase of daily non-stop routes; Start of operation on flights to cities in the Midwest, Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and the Southeast; Purchase of additional planes for...