Frisco Bridge Toll Hike Is A Step Closer
- ACT NOW. // Commercial Motor;2/19/2009, Vol. 209 Issue 5319, p32
The article offers information on the dates when several legislation will come into effect in Great Britain. The Employment Act 2008 (Commencement No. 1, Transitional Provisions and Savings) Order 2008, will be effective from April 6, 2009. The Employment Tribunals (Constitution of Rules and...
- Ravitch: Raise Gas Tax, Toll East River Bridges to Plug MTA Gap. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;10/14/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34193, p1
Raising the state gas tax and tolling East River and other bridges could help New York's MTA fill a gap of at least $15.2 billion, said former chairman Richard Ravitch.
- Big brother's new toy. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;06/01/98, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p33
Presents information on E-Z Pass deals used by drivers to gain quicker access through the toll gates. Speculation that E-Z pass records may be used to monitor the travels of persons; Information on the use of special antennas installed on major highways to monitor the speeds of cars bearing...
- Chesapeake's $151M Toll Deal Gets $1.86B Orders. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;10/30/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33805, p20
The article informs that the toll bridge deal of 151 million U.S. dollars of Chesapeake in Virginia gets orders of 1.86 billion U.S. dollars in October 2012.
- Robocop at the bridge. Saccomano, Ann // Traffic World;04/21/97, Vol. 250 Issue 3, p37
Focuses on the proposed automated bridge toll collection system of the California Department of Transportation. Tests on the system at the Carquinez Bridge between Vallejo and Martinez, California; MFS's responsibility in the implementation of the proposal; Operation procedures of the automated...
- EZPass not so easy on the system. L.J. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/14/96, Vol. 43 Issue 42, p56
Discusses the problems involved in the EZPass system introduced in New York to create quick access through toll booths. Factors contributing to the negative response to the system; Negative effects of one-way toll booths.
- Keep Bridge Tolls, CCC Says. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/26/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33653, p9
The article reports on the call of the Crescent City Connection District (CCC) for keeping tolls on twin state-toll bridges in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- E-Z Pass expands New York Beachhead to Jersey, beyond. Jacobson, Louis // Planning;Sep97, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the implementation of the E-Z Pass electronic toll collection system at the George Washington and three other bridges in the United States. Mechanism of electronic toll collection system; Acknowledgement of discount programs under the new system.
- Bridge, tunnel token toll sales to be discontinued. // New York Amsterdam News;12/21/96, Vol. 87 Issue 51, p8
Reports on the plans for the discontinuation of token roll sales at Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) Bridges and Tunnels facilities in New York, commencing February 1st, 1997. Reason for the discontinuation plan; Discount token rolls that will not be affected by this plan; Comment from...