More than half of MDs under age 35 now using PDAs
- Clicking and Screaming into Wireless. Kenney, R. Emmet // Health Management Technology;Sep2000, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p16
Presents an article which explains why a physician left his private practice to work in wireless technology. Essential tasks of a physician; Drawbacks of the computer technology to physicians; Benefits of hand-held devices to physicians.
- Inspector gadget. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;04/24/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 17, p7
Comments on the increasing popularity of handheld computers for Internet access. Advantages of using handheld devices; Monthly fees for wireless Internet service; Handheld device introduced by Microsoft Corp.
- Delaware, Philly Docs to Get PDAs, E-Rx App. // Health Data Management;Nov2005, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p24
Reports on the move of the State of Delaware to offer free personal digital assistants, electronic prescribing software and wireless technology to physicians who care for state employees and beneficiaries. Group working with the state in the initiative; License for an electronic prescribing...
- Docs: PDA Use at Point of Care Can Cut Medical Mistakes. // Health Management Technology;Feb2004, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p10
Presents research findings by Skyscape, a Hudson, Massachusetts-based provider of enterprisewide mobile medical and nursing reference solutions, on the use of personal digital assistants (PDA) by U.S. physicians. Number of physicians who can link their PDA to a hospital information technology...
- Access Materials Data From Your PDA. // Modern Machine Shop;Apr2007, Vol. 79 Issue 11, p44
The article reports on the move of Victrex plc to launch www.victrex.mobi, a version of its Web site that provides mobile phone and personal digital assistant users with instant access to materials and application data. It says that Victrex.mobi, a redesigned snapshot of the existing Victrex.com...
- Greatest gadgets. Larter, Amie // Nursing Review (1173-8014);2013, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p36
The article lists the gadgets included in Australian nurses' top 10 wish list as of October 2013 which includes tablet devices, laptops and hands-free car technologies.
- PDA security: mobile employees risk corporate data. // MarketWatch: Technology;October 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p14
This article presents report of the Mobile Vulnerability Survey 200; commissioned by Pointsec Mobile Technologies AB, Infosecurity Europe, and the periodical, Computer Business Review; which was conducted to gather data regarding risks to personal digital assistant (PDA)-based mobile...
- VERIZON WIRELESS DEBUTS WEB ACCESS FOR POCKET PC. // RBOC Update;May2001, pN.PAG
Reports on the debut of the Cellular Digital Packet Data (CDPD) wireless data service for personal digital assistants from Verizon Wireless as of May 2001. Rates for unlimited use of the CDPD service; U.S. states where the CDPD service is available; Comment from Gary Schulman, president of...
- LIGHTEN UP! Kirschner, Suzanne Kantra // Popular Science;Oct2000, Vol. 257 Issue 4, p26
Offers a look at the emergence of several handheld computers and cellular phones for reading e-mail and Internet access. PocketNet service of AT&T Corp.; Drawbacks of mobile phones; Providers of online information for wireless devices.