Manitoba kills cardiac care unit, consolidates services at single site
- LAKEWOOD HOSPITAL UPDATES CORONARY UNIT. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/22/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p1
The article reports that the Lakewood Hospital has added a new waiting room, family consultation room, intensivist office and an entrance for the Neuro Integrated Care Unit. The hospital has completed a $2.65 million renovation of its Coronary Care Unit.
- HEART & HEART SURGERY. // U.S. News & World Report;7/12/2004, Vol. 137 Issue 1, p100
Presents a list of the top 50 heart and heart surgery units at hospitals in the United States as of July 2004.
- CCU. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p393
An encyclopedia entry for "CCU," which refers to coronary care unit, is presented.
- The Coronary Care Unit Turns 25: Historical Trends and Future Directions. Lee, Thomas H.; Goldman, Lee // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun88, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p887
Describes the evolution of the coronary care unit and its clinical role. Origin of coronary care unit; Acceptance of the coronary care unit as the standard of care for patients with acute myocardial infarction; Discussion on the strategies for increasing efficiency.
- Danbury Hospital offers full range of cardiac care. Chuvala, Bob // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/21/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 47, p3
The article reports that Danbury Hospital has offered a full range of cardiac services in Danbury, Connecticut. The hospital recruited and placed two experienced surgical teams; one for open-heart surgery and the other for angioplasty, to create the cardiac care units. When administered quickly...
- Thomas Ballantyne Begg. Ward, D. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/23/2005, Vol. 331 Issue 7510, p239
Presents an obituary for Thomas Ballantyne Begg, a retired consultant physician at Victoria Infirmary in Glasgow, Scotland. Report that Begg studied mechanisms contributing to coronary and peripheral vascular disease; Statement that Begg treated patients in a coronary care unit.
- Heart center at KMC ready for first patients. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);9/4/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 18, pB1
Reports that Coeur d'Alene, Idaho-based Kootenai Medical Center's (KMC), which just opened its North Idaho Heart Center for business, is spending nearly ten million dollars to build and equip its heart center and while construction work is still going on, it has in place the most important...
- CCU hope for Balurghat. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);7/9/2013, p1
The article reports that the district hospital in Balurghat, West Bengal, India will launch a coronary care unit (CCU). Topics discussed the delay in the launch of the CCU due to administrative issues, Malda Medical College and Hospital's purchase of equipment for the CCU, and the aim of the...
- High-tech High-touch. Miller, Julie // Managed Healthcare Executive;Jul2005, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p14
Provides information on the service of the Oklahoma Heart Hospital, a cardiac specialty hospital in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Employment of integrated computerized physician order entry, electronic medical records, digital imaging and online interface access; Average number of open heart...