Latent tuberculosis: revised treatment guidelines
- ATS, CDC, and IDSA Update Recommendations on the Treatment of Tuberculosis. Neff, Matthew // American Family Physician;11/1/2003, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p1854
Focuses on the joint statement of recommendations published by the American Thoracic Society, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Infectious Diseases Society of America in June 2003 for the treatment of tuberculosis. Goals for treatment of tuberculosis; Recommended...
- CDC launches action plan to combat XDR-TB. // Hospital Employee Health;May2009, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p57
The article discusses drug-resistant tuberculosis (XDR)-TB and a U.S.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) plan for fighting it. Philip LoBue, associate director for science in the CDC's Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, explores the threat to health care workers, the treatment...
- Practice Guidelines for the Treatment of Tuberculosis. Horsburgh Jr., C. Robert; Feldman, Sandor; Ridzon, Renee // Clinical Infectious Diseases;9/1/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p633
Presents practice guidelines for the treatment of active tuberculosis (TB) disease and latent TB infection, recommended by the TB Committee of the Infectious Disease Society of America, in conjunction with the Division of TB Elimination of the United States Centers for Disease Control and...
- CDC issues provisional guidelines for bedaquiline. // Infectious Disease News;Nov2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p39
The article reports on the recommended bedaquiline treatment by the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for patients with multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in 2013.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Weather Forecast: Partly Sunny, Storm Clouds Gathering. Willoughby, Carl // RT: The Journal for Respiratory Care Practitioners;Aug2007, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p26
The article deals with the pulmonary rehabilitation benefits of the new Evidence-based Clinical Practice Guidelines in the U.S. The guidelines claim that pulmonary rehabilitation improves health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in patients with COPD. According to the guidelines, it reduces the...
- Harlem Hospital gets $2.5 M to battle TB. // New York Amsterdam News;10/8/94, Vol. 85 Issue 41, p15
Reports on the 2.5 million dollar grant to the Harlem Hospital Center by the Centers for Disease Control to establish a model tuberculosis (TB) center to treat TB in Central Harlem, New York City. Features of the facility; Comment by Gary Souffrant, medical director of the model tuberculosis...
- Nationwide survey of drug-resistant tuberculosis in the United States. Bloch, Alan B.; Cauthen, George M. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/2/94, Vol. 271 Issue 9, p665
Presents the survey results on drug-resistant tuberculosis among cases reported to the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the first quarter of 1991. Resistance rates; Multivariate analysis; Sputum smear positivity.
- State-Based, Work-Related Asthma Surveillance Data Online. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;12/21/2012, Vol. 61 Issue 50, p1030
The article reports on the online availability of surveillance data in four U.S. states on work-related asthma at the Work-Related Lung Disease Surveillance System (eWoRLD) by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.
- CDC Recommends New Treatment Regimen for Latent Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Infection. Lambert, Mara // American Family Physician;8/15/2012, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p373
The article focuses on the recommendations issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on the treatment of latent Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. Isoniazid and rifapentine are the key components of the new treatment regimen. Daily isoniazid therapy for a nine-month...