Moody's: State HFAs Using More Swaps, Variable-Rate Deals
- NEW YORK: HFA's Variable Conversion. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/14/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32794, p9
The article reports on the plan of the New York State Housing Finance Agency (HFA) to convert $176.8 million of bonds sold in 2005 to variable rate from auction-rate mode because of the increase in the auction-rate market in New York. According to HFA spokesman Philip Lentz, the fallout from the...
- Miami-Dade Tries Unique Swap With Eye on $30 Million Savings. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/30/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31438, p1
Reports the alternative variable-rate transaction between Miami-Dade County and Rice Financial Products Co. in Florida. Emphasis on interest rate exposure on fixed-rate bonds; Derivation of tax-exempt bonds from taxable fixed-income market; Advantage of swapping a tax-exempt floating rate.
- ABA strives to cut variable-rate lending risk. // ABA Banking Journal;Oct85, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p178
Focuses on the application for variable-rate credit in the United States. Risk associated in variable-rate lending; Regulations regarding variable-rate loans; Remodification of loan application.
- As rate worries mount, the fixed is in. Reich-Hale, David // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/18/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p1A
Reports on the concern of commercial developers that long-term interest rates may begin to rise after years of record lows in the U.S. Benefits offered by fixed-rate debt over variable-rate loans; Different views of economists on long-term rates; Effect of the world's uncertain political...
- Lenders dislike fixed interest rates. OTTE, JOHN // Farmer;Sep2013, Vol. 131 Issue 9, p64
The article presents reasons behind lenders' willingness to accept the lower rate on variable-rate loans in the U.S. as of September 2013 in terms resetting loan periodically and interest rate risk and further informs that reset rates on variable-rate loans will increase as per Federal Reserve. ...
- `Strapped-for-Cap' State HFAs Issuing More Variable-Rate Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;08/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30958, p5
Reports on the increasing number of state housing finance agencies that are relying on variable-rate debt in the United States. Efforts of the agencies to reduce the higher interest costs associated with floating taxable debt; Agencies' entry into 'Standby Bond Purchase Agreements' with banks...
- Building assets. O'Brien, Anthony // Money (Australia Edition);Jun2005, Issue 5, p68
Features ANZ, recipient of the Home Loan Lender of the Year award of the Consumer Finance Awards 2005 organized by the periodical "Money" in partnership with CANNEX in Australia. Categories of variable rate home loans; Variable interest rate of the bank's Money Saver Home Loan; Benefits of...
- Research digest. Hoffman, David; Mercurio, Stephanie; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30793, p9
Presents information on investment-related reports in the United States made recent to December 22, 1999. Expected decline in interest rates according to PNC Capital Markets; High ratings of children's hospitals despite credit volatility in the health care sector; Variable-rate debt market volume.
- Schaumburg, Ill., Plans Variable-Rate GO Deal for Land Acquisition. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;03/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30851, p3
Focuses on the plans of Schaumburg to sell general obligation variable-rate bonds for a land purchase. Infrastructure establishment plans on the land; Value of the interest rate swap agreement between Bank One for the land purchase; Reasons for using variable-rate financing; Views of analyst on...