Report on Bank-Tying Practices To Be Released to Public Oct. 20
- On Capitol Hill. Cocheo, Steve // ABA Banking Journal;May94, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the implications of the results of the study of the General Accounting Office concerning insider activities in the banking system of the United States. Study compiled at the request of the Senate Banking Committee; Brief discussion of the findings.
- Banks overcomplicating compliance, GAO says. Ketelaar, Peiter J. // American Banker;12/6/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 233, p3
Reports that banks may be overcomplying with consumer protection laws according to the General Accounting Office.
- GAO recommends fuller disclosure by banks using swaps. // American Banker;5/11/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 90, p24
Reports on the recommendation of the General Accounting Office (GAO) for more comprehensive capital standards and more detailed disclosure requirements for banks dealing in derivatives. GAO study of the global derivatives market; Allegations of front-running by bank traders; Long-standing...
- Better get to know the GAO. // ABA Banking Journal;Aug91, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p12
Explores the General Accounting Office of the U.S. Resentment of bankers at the office; Views of the office on banks and banking; Reduction of the Bank Insurance Fund reserves.
- House proposal calls for study of price reporting in muni market. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30601, p7
Reports on a proposal calling for the United States General Accounting Office to conduct a study to determine the need for municipal bond price reporting. Program to obtain and disseminate prices on municipal securities trade.
- Washington Briefs. // ABA Banking Journal;Apr93, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p12
Reports developments on banks in the U.S. Proposal to change some loan standards; Expansion to financial reports; Critics to the reports published by the General Accounting Office.
- Big response from banks to GAO survey on funds. Talley, Karen // American Banker;6/21/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 118, p10
Reports on the broad response elicited by the General Accounting Office's (GAO) survey of bank mutual fund activities. Survey which examined the structure, management and performance of bank mutual fund sales; Eagerness for the results exhibited by the banking industry; Possible use of the...
- GAO plays pivotal role in bank-Fed dispute. // ABA Banking Journal;Oct83, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p136
Focuses on the role of the U.S. General Accounting Office in the settlement of payment system dispute between the Federal Reserve System and the banking industry. Information on the Senate hearing regarding the dispute; Position of the National Payments System Coalition on the private sector...
- Grocers' Lobbying Nets GAO Study of Weekend Banking. Breitkopf // American Banker;4/26/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 80, p1
Reports the lobbying of the Food Marketing Institute on the weekend banking in the U.S. Letter of Representative Spencer T. Bachus to the General Accounting Comptroller General on weekend settlement practices; Request of the Alabama Republican on the cost of weekend settlement; Impact of the...