Dispute Over Labor Law Has Wastewater SRF Hostage
- Court supports waste workers. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;11/30/98, Vol. 4 Issue 29, p5
States that a court of appeals has uphold the constitutionally protected speech of solid waste employees in Baltimore, Maryland. Impact of the ruling on a civil trial on allegations that the city retaliated against the employees for raising questions about a landfill contract.
- Calendar. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/ 3/2012, p11
A calendar of events for the Fresno, California area in February 2012 is presented which includes Workplace Violence Seminar on February 19, SBA Loan Workshop on February 16, and Employment Law Workshop for 2012 on February 10.
- DOL Announces Grace Period for Filing Information Regarding Financial Transactions with Unions. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2006 Q2, p1
The article focuses on the reporting requirements and exceptions of the U.S. Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA). The employers required to make reports under the Act include those whose employees are represented by the recipient's union. It enumerates the transactions that...
- Overtime Rules Pose Threat. Sichelman, Lew // National Mortgage News;06/18/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 38
Focuses on the rule that requires lenders to exempt their loan officers, counselors and originators from the overtime provisions of the United States Fair Labor Standards Act. Implication of the rule to mortgage banks; Terms under the labor law covering employee overtime; Job description of...
- Congress Pauses to Take Stock of Spring Program. Robinson, N.T.N. // Congressional Digest;Apr35, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p97
Discusses the exception of three appropriation bills by the U.S. Congress - First Deficiency bill, the State, Justice, Commerce and Labor Departments bill and the Independent Offices bill. Coverage of various commissions and boards outside the regular executive departments; Appropriation of...
- DOL Issues Final Regulations for Blackout Notice Requirements Under Sarbanes-Oxley. Hamburger, Paul M.; Ackerman, Julie M. Hood // Venulex Legal Summaries;2003 Q1, p1
The article reports on the issuance of final regulations by the U.S. Department of Labor regarding blackout period notice requirements for individual account plans. The notice regulations require individual account plan administrators to provide participants with at least 30 days advance notice...
- Chile road loan. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/2/95 & 1/9/95, Vol. 234 Issue 1, p34
Reports on the approval by the World Bank of a $120 million loan to Chile to upgrade its national road and highway network over the next four years starting 1994.
- OK for Polish infrastructure investments. // Construction Europe;Nov2012, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the approval of the 165 million euros worth of loans by the European Investment Bank (EIB) to fund numerous electricity and rail infrastructure projects in Poland.
- Egypt,Kuwait : EGYPT approves a loan agreement with the KUWAIT FUND. // TendersInfo News;8/19/2014, p1
The article reports that Egypt has approved a loan agreement with the Kuwait Fund which will be used to finance train control and railway signal development projects in several areas of Egypt.