ENDOSCOPIC ULTRASONOGRAPHY: IMAGING AND BEYOND
- The Biological Meaning of Intestinal Metaplasia of the Gastroesophageal Junction. Chaves, Paula; Pereira, Antonio Dias // International Journal of Surgical Pathology;Jun2010 Supplement 3, Vol. 18 Issue S2, p43S
The article discusses the biological concepts of intestinal metaplasia (IM) of the gastroesophageal junction (GEJ). It defines IM as the histological finding of intestinal-type mucosa in the biopsy material of an endoscopically normal appearing GEJ. It cites the etiology and the risk malignancy...
- Can elastography replace fine needle aspiration? Popescu, Alexandru; Săftoiu, Adrian // Endoscopic Ultrasound;May2014, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p109
No abstract available.
- Comparison of the Outcomes of Endoscopic Ultrasound Based on Community Hospital Versus Tertiary Academic Center Settings. Singh, Shailendra; Purohit, Treta; Aoun, Elie; Patel, Yatindra; Carleton, Neil; Mitre, Marcia; Morrissey, Suzanne; Dhawan, Manish; Thakkar, Shyam // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Aug2014, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p1925
Objective: Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) is an established tool in the management of gastrointestinal diseases. The majority of EUS procedures are performed in tertiary care hospitals but the technology has also disseminated to community hospitals. The data from community hospitals are limited and...
- Quality Indicators for EUS. Wani, Sachin; Wallace, Michael B; Cohen, Jonathan; Pike, Irving M; Adler, Douglas G; Kochman, Michael L; Lieb, John G; Park, Walter G; Rizk, Maged K; Sawhney, Mandeep S; Shaheen, Nicholas J; Tokar, Jeffrey L // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan2015, Vol. 110 Issue 1, p102
The article reports on a study which describes the quality indicators for endoscopic ultrasound. The researchers have determined the effectiveness of EUS for the diagnosis and staging of gastrointestinal and mediastinal mass lesions or from tissue or fluid for cytologic and chemical analysis....
- Eliminating the Residual Negative Pressure in the Endoscopic Ultrasound Aspirating Needle Enhances Cytology Yield of Pancreas Masses. Aadam, A.; Oh, Young; Shidham, Vinod; Khan, Abdul; Hunt, Bryan; Rao, Nagarjun; Zhang, Ying; Tarima, Sergey; Dua, Kulwinder; Aadam, A Aziz; Oh, Young S; Shidham, Vinod B; Dua, Kulwinder S // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Mar2016, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p890
Background:Prior to withdrawing the EUS-FNA needle from the lesion, the stopcock of the suction syringe is closed to reduce contamination. Residual negative pressure (RNP) may persist in the needle despite closing the stopcock. Aims:To determine whether neutralizing...
- Predictive Value of Endoscopic Ultrasound in Diagnosis and Staging of Primary Gastric Lymphoma. Vanis, Nenad; Mesihović, Rusmir; Ibričević, Lejla; Dobrila-Dintinjana, Renata // Collegium Antropologicum;Jan2013 Supplement, Vol. 37 Issue Supp 1, p291
The aim of the paper is to investigate significance of the endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) in diagnostic and staging of gastric lymphoma. Retrospective clinical study was conducted at the Clinic for Hematology and Clinic for Gastroenterology of the University Clinical Center of Sarajevo in the...
- Contrast-enhanced endoscopic ultrasonography: advance and current status. Sung Ill Jang; Dong Ki Lee // Ultrasonography;Jul2014, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p161
Endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS) technology has undergone a great deal of progress along with the color and power Doppler imaging, three-dimensional imaging, electronic scanning, tissue harmonic imaging, and elastography, and one of the most important developments is the ability to acquire...
- EUS-FNA for Pelvic Lesions: Is This the Final Answer? Fusaroli, Pietro; Caletti, Giancarlo // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Dec2015, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p3510
No abstract available.
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy for the family physician. Hocutt, John E.; Macmillan Rodney, Wm. // American Family Physician;1/1/1994, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p109
Focuses on the use of esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) for the evaluation of inflammatory conditions of the gastrointestinal tract. Indications and contraindications for diagnostic EGD; Anesthesia and sedation; Technique and equipment; Malpractice insurance.
- Gastric Lymphocytic Phlebitis as a Differential Diagnosis of Linitis Plastica. Aline-Fardin, Aude; Felsenheld, Carole; Vitte, René-Louis; Fléjou, Jean-François // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun2014, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p927
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article related to the role of the diagonosis for the enterocolic lymphocytic phlebitis, gastrointestinal tract disease, as differential diagnoses for suspicion of linitis plastica published in a previous issue.