Small bowel neoplasia in coeliac disease
- Risk Factors Associated With Small Bowel Adenocarcinoma in Crohn's Disease: A Caseâ€“Control Study. Piton, Gaël; Cosnes, Jacques; Monnet, Elisabeth; Beaugerie, Laurent; Seksik, Philippe; Savoye, Guillaume; Cadiot, Guillaume; Flourie, Bernard; Capelle, Philippe; Marteau, Philippe; Lemann, Marc; Colombel, Jean Frédéric; Khouri, Elie; Bonaz, Bruno; Carbonnel, Franck // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul2008, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p1730
BACKGROUND AND AIMS: It is well established that Crohn's disease (CD) is associated with an increased risk of small bowel adenocarcinoma (SBA). The data concerning SBA risk factors in CD are scanty. The aim of this study was to identify them. METHODS: In 11 French centers affiliated with the...
- Prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia is a risk factor for adenocarcinoma: Predictive accuracy in... Smith, Jeanette M. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;1/24/96-1/31/96, Vol. 275 Issue 4, p261
Presents an abstract of an article on the role of prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia in adenocarcinoma published in `Journal of Urology.' Examination of the predictive value of high grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia.
- Genetics of adenocarcinomas of the small intestine: frequent deletions at chromosome 18q and mutations of the SMAD4 gene. Blaker, Hendrik; von Herbay, Axel; Penzel, Roland; Grob, Stefanie; Otto, Herwart F. // Oncogene;1/3/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p158
Presents a study which investigated sporadic adenocarcinomas to elucidate genetic alterations underlying tumor development in the small intestine. Review of related literature; Materials and methods used; Results.
- Acute Appendicitis secondary to metastatic Bronchogenic... Gopez, Evelyn Valencer; Mourelatos, Zissimos // American Surgeon;Sep97, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p778
Reports the case of an elderly male with poorly differentiated bronchogenic adenocarcinoma which metastasized to the appendix. Clinical history of the patient; Its pathologic findings.
- Body mass index and risk of adenocarcinomas of the esophagus and gastric cardia. Chow, Wong-Ho; Blot, William J.; Vaughan, Thomas L.; Risch, Harvey A.; Gammon, Marilie D.; Stanford, Janet L.; Dubrow, Robert; Schoenberg, Janet B.; Mayne, Susan T.; Farrow, Diana C.; Ahsan, Habibul; West, A. Brian; Rotterdam, Heidi; Niwa, Shelley; Fraumeni, Jr., Joseph F. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;01/21/98, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p150
Examines the role of excess weight which is a suggested risk factor of adenocarcinomas of the esophagus and gastric cardia in a study conducted on the population in the United States. Details on the method and subjects employed in the study; Findings of the study; Statistical data supporting the...
- Study Links Medications To Rising Rates Of Esophageal Cancer. // RN;Feb2001, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p102
Presents a study on the link between medications that relax the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) and the risk for esophageal adenocarcinoma. Types of commonly used drugs that relax LES; Subjects used in the study; Findings.
- Stage IV Small Bowel Carcinoma Mimicking Advanced Ovarian Cancer. Dizon, Don S.; Perez, Kimberly; DiSilverio, Paul; Taneja, Charu; Ilson, David // American Surgeon;Sep2009, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p864
A letter to the editor is presented about a case of small bowel carcinoma at stage IV, which presented symptoms similar to advanced ovarian cancer.
- The Uncharted Breast Exam. // Cortlandt Forum;4/25/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p56
Focuses on the breast examination of a patient. Development of adenocarcinoma of the breast; Risk factors; Method of treatment.
- DNMT3b 39179G â€Ž T Polymorphism and the Risk of Adenocarcinoma of the Colon in Koreans. Young-Seoub Hong; Hye-Jung Lee; Chang-Hun You; Mee-Sook Roh; Jong-Young Kwak; Myeong-Jin Lee; Joon-Youn Kim // Biochemical Genetics;Apr2007, Vol. 45 Issue 3/4, p155
DNA-methyltransferase-3B (DNMT3b) plays an important role in the generation of aberrant methylation in carcinogenesis.DNMT3bSNP has been associated with susceptibility to lung, head, neck, and breast cancer, but its association with the development of colon cancer has not been reported. We...