Impaired localisation and transport function of canalicular Bsep in taurolithocholate induced cholestasis in the rat
- Cholestatic jaundice caused by cloxacillin: macrophage inhibition factor test in preventing rechallenge with hepatotoxic drugs. Enat, Rafael; Pollack, Simon; Ben-Arieh, Yehudith; Livni, Ella; Barzilai, David // British Medical Journal;4/5/1980, Vol. 280 Issue 6219, p982
Examines the occurrence of severe intrahepatic cholestasis in a patient after taking drugs in Great Britain. List of drugs causing cholestasis; Importance of macrophage inhibition factor test in the examination of drugs; Prevention on the risk of rechallenge with hepatotoxic drugs.
- Antiretrovirals. // Reactions Weekly;May2015, Vol. 1549 Issue 1, p30
The article discusses case reports of three HIV-positive women who developed intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy and fetal cardiac rhythm abnormalities during treatment with antiretrovirals
- Atorvastatin. // Reactions Weekly;5/2/2009, Issue 1250, p10
The article describes the case of a 52-year-old man who acquired severe acute cholestatic hepatitis, cholestasis and cholangitis. he patient developed the said conditions while undergoing treatment with atorvastatin. Symptoms experienced by the patient include fever, dyspepsia, jaundice and...
- Pregabalin. // Reactions Weekly;6/28/2008, Issue 1208, p26
The article describes a case of intrahepatic cholestasis in a 61-year-old man who is using pregbalin. It references a study by L. Crespo PÃ©rez et al, published in the February 9, 2008 issue of "Medica Clinica." The patient reportedly was diagnosed with lumbar canal stenosis due to...
- Ethinylestradiol/norgestimate/nimesulide. // Reactions Weekly;9/13/2008, Issue 1219, p17
The article describes the case of a 42-year-old woman who experienced acute cholestasis while using ethinylestradiol/norgestimate oral contraceptive and during treatment with nimesulide. The patient developed pain in left hand tendon, nausea and digestive problems after receiving nimesulide. The...
- Ciclosporin. // Reactions Weekly;12/16/2006, Issue 1132, p5
This article presents a case study involving pregnant renal transplant recipients who developed cholestasis after receiving ciclosporin therapy for immunosuppression. The women had undergone renal transplantation six months to 11 years before giving birth. All of the women developed pruritus...
- Ursodeoxycholic acid. // Reactions Weekly;Sep2014, Vol. 1520 Issue 1, p212
The article presents a case study of a 59-year old male patient who developed a fixed drug eruption during treatment of ursodeoxycholic acid for cholestasis.
- Benazepril. // Reactions Weekly;3/21/2009, Issue 1244, p9
The article describes the case of a 32-year-old hypertensive woman who developed prolonged cholestasis while under benazepril treatment regimen for hypertension. The patient was also diagnosed with diabetes mellitus and proteinuria. Persistent hypertension led doctors to increase the patient's...
- Quetiapine. // Reactions Weekly;3/21/2009, Issue 1244, p38
The article describes the case of a 26-year-old patient with a history of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder who was admitted with acute cholestasis three weeks after taking quetiapine. Information is given on the medical history of the patient. It details the clinical manifestations of the...