- Sales, Earnings Grow at B&N. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/20/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 12, p13
Reports the increase in the net revenues of Barnes & Noble (B&N) in the fiscal year ended January 31, 2000. Factors that contributed to the increase; Posted retail sales of B&N; Comparison from the company's earnings in 1999.
- As Stock Slumps, Barnes & Noble Promises Rosy Year-end Financials. // Book Publishing Report;01/24/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p4
Reports on Barnes & Noble Inc.'s projected financial results for the fourth quarter and entire fiscal year ending January 29, 2000. Earnings per share; Factors contributing to improvements in the company's retail performance; Trading of the company's stocks.
- Barnes & Noble Sales Hit $3 Billion. // Publishers Weekly;3/1/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 9, p11
Reports the book sales posted by Barnes & Noble Inc. for the fiscal year ended January 30, 1999 in the United States. Details on the sales growth reported; Other financial data of the company; Comment from Len Riggio, chairman of the company.
- Sales and Losses Increase At Barnes & Noble.com. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/6/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the sales increase and net loss posted by Barnes & Noble Inc. in the third quarter ended September 30, 2000. What helped boost sales; Improvement of the company's gross margin; Sales tax collection move of Barnesandnoble.com.
- Sales Up, Losses Down At Barnes & Noble.com. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/7/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 19, p12
Reports on the revenues of Barnes & Noble for the first quarter ended March 31, 2001. Comparison with the previous year's first quarter; Decline in the company's pro forma net loss; Factors to which the losses and gross profit of the company is attributed.
- Profit Fell 24% at B&N Bookstores. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/2/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 27, p14
Reports on decrease in operating profit of Barnes & Nobles' bookstore segment for the first quarter ended May 5, 2001. Losses of the company; Acquisitions made by the company.
- Superstore Comps Up 1% at B&N. // Publishers Weekly;9/9/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 36, p10
Announces the sales growth posted by Barnes & Noble Inc. at its superstores in August 2002.
- With Growth Elusive, Publishers Focus On Cutting Costs. // Book Publishing Report;4/14/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p1
Focuses on the decline in the trade book sales of Barnes & Nobel Inc. in the U.S. Reduction in the revenue of consumer publishers in the fiscal year 2002; Estimation of the profitability of publishers; Comparison of the operating profit of publishers between 2002 and 2003.
- B&N.com reports sales hike, says `golden age of publishing' near. // Book Publishing Report;02/14/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the expected sales of Barnes & Noble.com in 1999. Sales for the fourth quarter of 1999; Narrowing of the financial losses of the company; Stock price of the company.