Ingram Books and Baker & Taylor Gear Up for Crucial Fall/Winter Season
- STATE OF THE ART. // Publishers Weekly;7/8/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 27, p10
Announces the opening of the distribution center of Ingram Book Co. in Chambersville, Pennsylvania in July 2002.
- Ingram to Close Chino Warehouse. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/7/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 19, p9
Reports on the plan announced by Ingram Book Group that it will close its Chino, California distribution center by July 2, 2001. Relocation of the inventory; Impact of the closure on customers in southern California, southern Nevada and Arizona.
- Ingram Adds Hours, Titles. Nawotka, Edward; Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;4/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 17, p19
Announces the 24-hour customer service of Ingram. Services it offers; Information on its OneSource program.
- Call it value-added forest products. Monson, Megan // Oregon Business Magazine;Feb99, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the success of the Web distribution site of Ingram Book Co. based in Douglas County, Oregon. Number of book titles carried by the site; Efforts of county officials to lure the company to open its plant in the area in 1994; Ingram's reason for relocating to the area; Expected effects...
- Ingram Closes Warehouse. // Publishers Weekly;2/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 7, p83
Reports that Ingram Book Co. is closing its book distribution center in Denver, Colorado. Reasons behind the decision to close the center according to Michael F. Lovett, Ingram president and chief executive officer; Actions taken by Ingram to improve the customer service of its distribution...
- Ingram Will Cut Oregon Staff by 20%. // Publishers Weekly;8/9/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 32, p200
Reports that Ingram Book Co. will eliminate positions at its warehouse in Roseburg, Oregon by the end of August 1999. Approximate number of employees to be dismissed; Reason for the downsizing; Compensation for the dismissed employees.
- Ingram hosts an open (ware) house. Symons, A. // Publishers Weekly;4/7/89, Vol. 235 Issue 14, p98
Report on Ingram Book Co.'s move to Walnut, Calif. and its open house celebration.
- Ingram forms publisher fulfillment service. // Publishers Weekly;4/28/89, Vol. 235 Issue 17, p17
Discusses the role and impact of Ingram Book Company's new subsidiary, a fulfillment service to publishers.
- Ingram imports Spanish titles. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/89, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p14
Announces the import agreement between Ingram Book Group and Publiexport to distribute books imported from Spain throughout the US.