Harcourt Captures Lead in Tennessee's $38.5 Million Science Adoption in Heavy Buying by Large Districts
- India's scientists agonize over fall in publication rate. Jayaraman, K.S. // Nature;9/12/2002, Vol. 419 Issue 6903, p100
Reports that India has been eclipsed by China as a largest scientific power in the developing world, according to an assessment of its scientific productivity. Total number of papers published by Indian scientists in the scientific journals.
- U.S. Textbooks Are Long on Glitz, But Where's the Beef? Jones, Rebecca // Education Digest;Feb2001, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p23
Comments on the quality of education textbooks in the United States. Changes in format and design; Criticisms on accuracy and content; Discussion on content misunderstanding by students and incorrect assumptions by publishers; Reactions from publishers; Suggestions on what school districts...
- NEW BOOKS. // Physics Today;Feb90, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p126
Presents a list of new books that have been published in various science fields.
- Projects delve into enhanced publication of research. // Research Information;Dec2011/Jan2012, Issue 57, p9
The article reports on the ideation of an enhanced publication of research financed by SURFfoundation which focused in five disciplines including economics, musicology, and geosciences.
- District Rescinds Book Ban. // School Library Journal;Dec99, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p16
Reports that Barron Area School District Board has cancelled the ban on books with gay themes in Wisconsin. How the controversy started; Titles of the books involved.
- Note from the Publisher. Henri, Agn�s // Revue de Mï¿½tallurgie;Jan2012, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p5
In this article the author discusses changes to "Revue de Mï¿½tallurgie," including Cambridge University Press' selection as the journal's host and distribution partner, the submission of research papers in English, and efforts to make the journal recognizable worldwide.
- The Manipulation Of Impact Factors. Hemmingson, Anders // Internet Journal of Urology;2002, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p24
The article presents views of the author on publication of articles in a journal that act as Impact Factors for it. The use of Impact Factors is getting important for scientific journals. There are of course different ways of manipulating these factors. Editors of some journals are sending...
- Competing financial interests. // Nature Medicine;Oct2001, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p1071
Focuses on the policies introduced asking authors of research journals to declare competing financial interests that relate to research papers introduced from October 1, 2001 for all journals in 'Nature Medicine.' Employment of conflict-of-interest policies by minority of scientific journals;...
- Salami publication: a frequent practice affecting readers' confidence. Brochard, Laurent; Brun-Buisson, Christian // Intensive Care Medicine;Feb2007, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p212
The article comments on the problem of salami and duplicate publications in the U.S. According to the author, salami publications occur when different results or repeated analyses of a given or evolving data set are published. He believes that salami publication is considered scientific...