- Opportunities exist for buying good companies. Corbin, David // Fort Worth Business Press;10/13/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 25, p23
Offers advice on investing in public companies. Decision by European brewing company Interbrew NV to go public after 634 years as a private company; Disadvantages of becoming a public company; Performance of the stocks of Cyberonics and Taco Cabana.
- SHELL SHOCKED. Keegan, Jeffrey; Tunick, Britt // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/8/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 27, p22
Reports the decline of equity investment and fixed-income market in the U.S. Decrease of underwriting for the initial public offering; Reluctance of the capitalists to invest in borderline credit; Decline of consumer confidence.
- Double your treasure. Evans, Michael K. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Nov95, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p65
Presents different options on how to double one's investment in six months without adding anything. Purchase of stocks of L.L. Knickerbocker; Assessment of how each stock performed on day of offering; Drawbacks of the stock-and-bond option; Background on Merck's stock performance in the early...
- Strange New IPO World. Tice, David W. // On Wall Street;Jun2000, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p114
Focuses on the initial public offerings (IPO) market. Reason companies invest in the IPO market; Case in point; Views on the bull market.
- Investment stats suggest forward market momentum. Auer, Robert // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/11/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p38
Presents statistics on investment levels in the U.S. Volume of global equity and equity-related issuance; Initial public offerings; Fund flows; Stock trading volume.
- AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/24/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 21, p39
Presents charts and graphs on initial public offerings and stocks in the U.S. as of May 24, 2004. Initial public offering of CrossTex Energy, Jed Oil, Daystar Technologies, and Marchex; Performance of initial public offerings by Animas, Blue Nile and Nuvasive; Performance of selected stock...
- Street moves to reduce IPO `pop' and reward issuers. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/07/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p4
Reports on Avanex Corp.'s plan to raise the initial asking price for its shares in advance of its initial public offering (IPO). Lead underwriter for the IPO; Disparity of the original asking price and the increased price; Targeted amount to be raised; Practice of increasing offering prices...
- Carnaval, Again! Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/20/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p18
Focuses on United States-based investment firms' interest in the technology boom in Latin America. Anticipation of equity deals in 2000; Plan of Latin companies to go public; Moody's Investor Service's upgrading of Mexico to investment-grade status; Investment banks' recruitment of additional...
- Monthly Roundup. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/11/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 48, p28
Presents investment deals in the United States for the week of December 11, 2000. Common stock deals; Preferred stock transactions; Initial public offering performance.