Banc One, Smith Barney Kiss and Make Up
- Going Global. Fickes, Michael // National Real Estate Investor;03/01/2000, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p44
Features the real estate investment banking group of Salomon Smith Barney company. International presence; Notable deals; Prospects for 2000.
- Tapping Community Banks for Business: Salomon SB goes down market to get retail brokerage market share a larger and now-healthy market way for more EM issuers. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/2/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 26, pN.PAG
Reports that New York-based Salomon Smith Barney Inc. has launched a program to open investment banking centers in partnership with community banks in the U.S. Advantage of the program for the company; Performance of the firm's investment centers in the country; Features of the investment...
- Citi/Golden State Deal Jeopardized. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/29/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 30, p10
Reports updates on the deals of investment bank Citigroup/Salomon Smith Barney in the U.S. Percentage of decrease in the stock of Citigroup; Impact of the stock value on the deal of the bank with Golden State Bancorp; Revisions made to the agreement.
- With all eyes on Europe, Schroders' U.S. bankers ask: `What About Us?'. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/28/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p3
Reports the impact of the acquisition of Schroders Plc by Salomon Smith Barney Inc. on investment banking in the United States (US). Reception given to Schroders investment bankers in Europe; Rank of Schroders in the securities underwriting volume; Efforts od Salomon to establish itself as top...
- Will Ray Lead Healthcare at Citi? Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/22/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p9
Focuses on the appointment of Russel Ray to the position of chief executive officer at Citigroup/Saloman Barney in the U.S. Plans of Ray for the development of investment banking division; Services offered by the company; Employment background of Ray.
- Salomon Smith Barney recognized for IT best practices. Valentin-Mari, Jeffry // Caribbean Business;8/17/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p8
Focuses on Gartner Group Inc.'s selection of Salomon Smith Barney Puerto Rico as recipient of its Chief Information Officer Choice Award. Recognition of the Puerto Rico-based investment bank and securities brokerage firm's information technology practices; Reflection of the company's commitment...
- Salomon Tops Underwriting List. // American Banker;7/1/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 125, p24
Reports the drop in global investment banking fees in the second quarter as of July 1, 2002. How jitters over the economy and corporate accounting scandals contributed to the decline; Underwriter Salomon Smith Barney keeping the top spot in several league table categories; Performances by other...
- RITE AID'S RUBIK'S CUBE. Tunick, Britt // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p40
Discusses the responsibility of Salomon Smith Barney investment banking in nursing the Ride Aid Corp. in the United States. Budget provided by the company for refinancing the corporation; Financial problems faced by Rite Aid; Move of the Salomon bankers on the problem.
- What Solly Wants With Schroders. Primack, Dan // Private Placement Letter;01/24/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p3
Provides information on the confirmation of Schroders PLC that it has agreed to sell its investment banking business to Citigroup Incorporated. Comments on the move of Schroders to sell its investment banking business; Significance of the acquisition for Salomon Smith Barney; Statement issued...