INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: REAL ESTATE
- Special insurance coverage. Glick, Philip K. // Journal of Property Management;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p66
Presents a description of the additional specialty insurance coverages. Professional liability insurance; Workers' compensation insurance; Tenant discrimination defense coverage; Pollution Liability insurance; Employment-related insurance; Importance of reviewing insurance coverages.
- Predicting calamity. // DollarSense;Summer91, p6
Discusses insurance protection for homeowners in the United States. Increasing public awareness of the need for adequate homeowner coverage; Coverage and limitations of home insurance policies.
- Higher policy costs spur new risk strategies. Harris, Jay // National Real Estate Investor;Jan2003, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p68
Reports on the risk strategies adopted by real estate owners to combat rising insurance cost in the U.S. Cost of property insurance; Importance of loss control measures; Approach to mitigate risk from molding.
- Casualty and the non-conforming property. McNabb, Joseph // New Hampshire Business Review;12/12/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p29A
Discusses the performance of a zoning analysis for an insurance client who wants to acquire a property. Review of the local zoning code; Compliance of the building with requirements; Liability of the client.
- Institutions stay hungry for sector. // Estates Gazette;8/10/2002, Issue 232, p31
Reports on the reduction in the exposure of institutions in Great Britain to property in the first quarter of 2002. Decrease in the exposure of insurance firms and pension funds to commercial property; Information on research on investment deals.
- Largest real estate title companies. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/14/98, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p29
Presents a list of the largest real estate title companies in New Orleans, Louisiana. Number of local transactions closed in 1997; Percentage of commercial and residential transactions; Insurance underwriters; Number of closing attorneys and notaries; Full-time employees and branches; Year...
- Allocating and insuring risks in leases. Cherry, Edward A. // Journal of Property Management;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p70
Analyzes the concepts of risk allocation and insurance coverage in leases. Drafting lease contracts; Key insurance concepts; Waiver of subrogation; Waiver of claims; Indemnification; Rent abatement.
- Title service speeds up multiproperty deals. Richards, Geoffrey // National Real Estate Investor;Aug97, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p54
Focuses on the role played by title insurance companies in the closing of large or multiproperty real estate transactions. Advantage of using different title insurance firms; Factors considered by a buyer in selecting a title insurance firm; Challenges posed by transactions involving hotels. ...
- Rising insurance costs hit industry. Harris, Jay // National Real Estate Investor;Jan2002, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p60
Focuses on the increase in property and liability insurance costs as of Januayr 2002 in the United States. Percentage of increase in the last six months; Rate increases per unit; Competitive advantages for apartment owners and managers.