Yield Indexes Mostly Up on Favorable Economic Data
- Bond Buyer Indexes Flat or Higher; 1-Year Note Yield Highest in 5 Years. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32370, p7
The article focuses on the factors that affects the highs and lows of yield indexes in the U.S. The robust housing and consumer confidence data supported the position of some analysts that policymakers would increase the federal funds rate to as much as 5.5% from its current 4.75%. The "Bond...
- Bond Buyer Indexes Mixed as Sell-Off Erodes Slight Gains. Scarchill, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/23/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32885, p9
The article focuses on the mixed results of the weekly indexes of "Bond Buyer" in the third week of May 2008, due to slight gains which were nearly washed away by a sell-off in the U.S. The municipal bonds were bound to get weaker as the Treasuries continued to decline and the municipal bonds...
- Yields Mostly Decline as Munis Firm in 'One-Way Train'. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/22/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 20, p11
The article reports on decline of The Bond Buyer's yield indexes for the month of May 2009 in the U.S. Based from the index, it forecasts a leveling until a negative credit event happens or the economy takes off where stocks will eventually become more of an option to bonds. Moreover, it...
- Most Yield Indexes Decline as FOMC Decision Wipes Out Early Losses. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/27/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32496, p6
The article reports that most yield indexes in the U.S. declined in October 2006, as Federal Open Market Committee decision wipes out early losses. The 20-bond index of GO yields fell three basis points to 4.30 percent, its lowest level since October 5, 2006, when it was 4.25 percent. The...
- Munis weaken Yet Again as Focus Is Mainly on $1.7B California Deal. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p2
Municipal bonds reduced for the fourth straight session on June 19, 2003 while the focus of market participants remained firmly on new issues, particularly the pricing of $1.7 billion of California general obligation bonds. Treasuries were mostly higher, firming when the June Philadelphia...
- Yields Up One to Two Basis Points; Governments Fall Early in Session. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/12/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31718, p2
Provides an overview of trading in the bond market of the U.S. on September 11, 2003. Rise in yields on municipal bonds; Views of market experts on various economic indicators released by departments of the federal government; Information about some bond deals that were traded in the market.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, February 1. // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p2
No abstract available.
- Market Indicators. // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p34
Presents information on the statistics of the U.S. bond market regarding market indicators as of February 21, 2002. Municipal bond index ratings; Several categories of bonds that are rated.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, March 15. // Bond Buyer;03/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30850, p2
Presents charts showing municipal bond trading highlights in the United States on March 15, 2000. Includes increase in the prices of government securities; Growth of the Municipal Bond Index; Decline of the 30-day visible supply; Economic indicators.