Hiding in Plane Site
- $1.3-BILLION UPGRADE UNVEILED FOR BUSY BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;08/21/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 8, p26
Reports the expansion plan for the Baltimore-Washington International (BWI) Airport in Baltimore, Maryland. Improvement of the main terminal and airport access; Cost of the project; Details on the financial contributions; Consideration of the BWI as the second fastest growing airport in the...
- Neighboring areas seek lift from 'airport city'. Colombo, Hayleigh // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/20/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 52, p3A
The article reports on the plan of the Indianapolis Airport Authority to build an airport city centered at its old terminal. It states that Indiana's Aerotropolis or airport city is envisioned as a hub for businesses drawn to the accessible locations. It indicates airport authorities are looking...
- Gibraltar airport expands. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/24/2006, Issue 2744, p57
The article reports on the Gibraltar airport expansion, resulting in the improvement of air access to southern Spain. The article mentions the agreement between the British and Spanish governments regarding the functioning of the British colony airport as an EU member airport. The article also...
- Could Union Square Be Your Next Airport? // New York;2/19/2007, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p36
The article looks at the possibility for a new airport in New York City, at which check-in stations could be located at 14th Street, a more convenient alternative to other airports. According to the author, the New York City Port Authority is considering expanding a former Air Force base in...
- Train in vain. Jacobs, Karrie // New York;12/08/97, Vol. 30 Issue 47, p17
Examines the public transportation in New York City that is connected to the Kennedy Airport and the future possibilities for easier routes of travel. The problems with using the funds accrued from the surcharges on airplane tickets; The routes and ideas of the Port Authority; The opinion of...
- London plots airport case. // Planning (14672073);12/3/2010, Issue 1897, p4
The article reports on the inclusion of a new hub airport for London and the South East that will be included in the national aviation policy in London, England.
- Badgerys Creek decision. // Travel Daily;4/15/2014, p2
The article reports that Badgerys Creek has been selected as the location for a second airport in Sydney, New South Wales in 2014.
- Council shouldn't leave link up in air. // Crain's New York Business;05/24/99, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p8
Urges the New York City Council to approve the Port Authority's plan for a rail line from the Jamaica, Queens train station to JFK International Airport. Amount proposed by the Port Authority for the construction of the rail system; Funding sources being eyed for the project; Alternative...
- Gargano thinks airport rail link is bad connection at $3 billion. // Crain's New York Business;5/1/95, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p4
Reports that New York State Economic Development Commissioner Charles Gargano is raising doubts about the proposed rail link to LaGuardia and John F. Kennedy International airports. Cost of the project; Reaction of New York Building Congress president Richard Anderson to Gargano's comments.