Get the Duct Tape
- Budget abolishes learning and teaching advocate. Rea, Jeannie // Advocate: Newsletter of the National Tertiary Education Union;Jun2015, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the abolition of the Australian Office of Learning and Teaching (OLT) under the 2015 Australian national budget.
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // United States Country Monitor;Jan2012, p13
The article reports on the outlook of the fiscal policy in the U.S. for 2012 including the decline of federal deficit by under 1.1 trillion U.S. dollars, the slowdown of federal spending on goods and services, and the increase of tax receipts by 8.0%.
- Business outlook. Murrill, Maureen // BRW;11/19/99, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p24
Presents graphs showing projected budget trends in Australia. Includes estimated budget cash surplus in 1999-2000; Possible slowdown of revenues.
- WE MUST MAKE CASE FOR TOURISM -- NOW. D'ALFONSO, STEPHEN // Travel Weekly (UK);3/26/2015, Issue 2263, p95
The author discusses aspects of the British budget, wherein he thinks could warrant an opportunity for tourism to overhaul an outdated transport, infrastructure, and tax systems.
- It's possible to boost jobs. // Inside Tucson Business;7/26/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p22
The article reports on the suggestions for addressing the problems on budget and jobs deficit in the U.S. that were raised during the bipartisan National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform of the U.S. President Barack Obama on June 30, 2010, including the engagement of best minds in...
- Reactions to the Union Budget 2014-15. Dahiya, Yashish // FICCI's Financial Foresights;2014/2015 Q1, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p73
The article offers the insights of the members of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FCCI) on the national budget of India. It mentions that the reaction of the members can be classified into realiostic, rigid and relevant. It discusses the financial relevance of the Digital...
- The metamorphoses of performance budgeting. Schick, Allen // OECD Journal on Budgeting;2014, Vol. 2013 Issue 2, p49
Performance budgeting (PB) emerged more than 60 years ago as a key driver of budgetary innovation in the United States. Due to its often lofty goals, PB initiatives were rarely successful, but have instead reappeared, in different forms and with new labels. This article focuses on contemporary...
- News in brief. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/11/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 28, p20
Reports on the approval of Kuwait's national budget for fiscal 2003/2004 by the National Assembly in July 2003. Projected budget deficit of the country; Estimated total expenditure for the fiscal year.
- The Near-Sighted Budget. // Texas Observer: A Journal of Free Voices;Jun2013, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p9
The author reflects on the 2013 budget plan which Texas lawmakers has to pass because it determines how the state will spend money. He points out that lawmakers this year are in a generous mood because of the money it made from the oil and gas boom. However, he explains that even with the...