Connecticut Weathering Economic Storms Better Than Most States, S&P Says
- S&P: Texas to Stay Strong. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/29/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32621, p1
The article reports on the issues that a housing crisis will weaken the economy of Texas in 2008, but not enough to affect the state's AA credit rating, as showed in a report released by Standard & Poor's Corp. According to the report, the rating agency affirmed the rating and maintained a...
- S&P cuts U.S. GDP forecast. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/12/2013, pA02
The only rating agency to rate the U.S. lower than triple-A cut its growth forecast to 2.6% in '13 vs. 3.1% back in Q3, citing additional cuts in the congressional budget deal and the possibility of another Washington standoff.
- State fails to gain ground in national economic assessment. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the 19th Development Report Card for the States, released online by the nonprofit Corporation for Enterprise Development. The state received different ratings on the last Report Card issued in December 2004. The Report Card's data suggest that New York's existing...
- Financial filing delay sparks bond deal shuffle. MARINO, JOHN // Caribbean Business;7/25/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 28, p27
The article reports on the delay in the filing of the Puerto Rico commonwealth government's Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for fiscal year 2012. Treasury Secretary Melba Acosta says that the delay was due to complications in the transition process. It shows that investors question...
- FINANCIAL MARKETS IN ICELAND. Tulip, Peter // OECD Papers;2007, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p1
The article presents Economic Department working paper titled "Financial Markets in Iceland," by Peter Tulip, which discusses recent developments and policy issues relating to financial markets in Iceland. It expressed recent concerns about the stability of the financial system and noted that...
- Fitch upgraded Mozambique to B+. // African Business News;7/ 8/2013, p22
The article reports that ratings agency Fitch upgraded Mozambique to B+ with a stable economic outlook.
- ULUSLARARASI FÄ°NANSAL RAPORLAMA STANDARTLARINA (UFRS) UYUM AÅžAMASINDA ETKÄ°SÄ° OLAN FAKTÃ–RLERÄ°N Ä°NCELENMESÄ°: AVRUPA VE AMERÄ°KA KITASI ÃœLKELERÄ° ÃœZERÄ°NDE BÄ°R ARAÅžTIRMA Varici, İdris // Marmara University Journal of the Faculty of Economic & Administ;Dec2009, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p279
Over the last few years there has been a significant increase in the adoption of International Financial Reporting Standadts (IFRS). More than 100 countries now recognise IFRS for some purposes. This paper investigates which factors can explain the adoption of IFRS in Europan countries and...
- The Importance of Play in Overcoming Fears of Entrepreneurial Failure. Cantaragiu, Ramona; Hadad, Shahrazad // Proceedings of the European Conference on Knowledge Management;2013, Vol. 2, p833
Entrepreneurship is a key tool in achieving EU's plans regarding economic development but, for the most part, Romania has been slow to keep up the pace. Besides problems in obtaining financing and receiving legal support, a recent Ernst and Young report (2013) furnishes a bleak picture: more...
- Nueva normativa contable para las entidades sin fines de lucro. Viguera, Manuel Gutiérrez // Revista TÃ©cnica Contable;oct2011, Vol. 63 Issue 745, p16
No abstract available.