AWARD FOR 'FOREST MAN'
- The Forest Man of India. // E THIS WEEK;8/4/2013, p1
The article offers information about environmental activist Jadav Payeng, who single-handedly planted a 1,360-acre forest in India in the span of 30 years after flooding wiped away a large part of forest along the Brahmaputra river sandbar in 1979.
- Jadav Molai Payeng - the 'Forest Man of India'. GOGOI, DHRUBAJYOTI; BORAH, DEBAJIT; YADAV, R. N. S. // Current Science (00113891);2/25/2014, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p499
A letter to the editor is presented related to Jadav Molai Payeng who is referred as the Forest Man of India, who has shown the people how to save the ecosystem.
- The Forest Man of India. Blomberg, Lindsey // E THIS WEEK;10/6/2013, p2
The article offers information on the contributions made by Jadav Payeng, an Assamese environmental activist and forestry worker of India. It discusses several facts which includes Payeng's tree-planting mission after the flood faced by people along the Brahmaputra river sandbar in Assam, India...
- The Forest Man of India. Blomberg, Lindsey // E THIS WEEK;9/15/2013, p7
The article focuses on Indian man Jadav Payeng who made a successful 30-year project of single-handedly planting a 1,360-acre forest. It states that his tree-planting mission commenced at age of 16 at a large portion of forest along the Brahmaputra River sandbar in Assam, India. It mentions that...
- Jungle story. AHMED, SHAHEEN S. // Down to Earth;9/1/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p43
The article discusses how the world's first human made forest Mulai Kathoni in Aruna Sapori , Assam, India is being sustained by an indigenous community in Assam despite a range of threats. Topics include Mulai Kathoni forest created by Jadav Payeng, a local resident, Payeng's ecological legacy...
- Honour for Assam's finest stalwarts. Sengupta, Avishek // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);10/29/2016, p1
The article talks about the Axom Shrestho 2016 event hosted by the Indian newspaper The Telegraph on October 28, 2016 in Guwahati city in Assam, India, to honor 11 Assamese achievers in fields such as music, social work and dance, among others. The awardees comprised Tapan Bhattacharjee (music),...
- NEHA seeks nominations for 1997 Walter S. Mangold Award. // Journal of Environmental Health;Sep1996, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the search for nominations to the 1997 Walter S. Mangold Award given by the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) to an environmentalist. Nominations deadline; Achievements of Walter Mangold after whom award was named.
- Clean Water Task Force and others tapped for environmental excellence. // South Carolina Business Journal;Apr97, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the recognition of the organizations promoting environmental excellence by the South Carolina General Assembly with the creation of the 1996 S.C. Environmental Awareness Award. Organizations awarded; Appeal of the awarding committee to South Carolinians during the recognition...
- Spirit of curiosity. Haythorpe, Gregg // Australian Geographic;Sep/Oct2012, Issue 110, p105
The article reports on the Australian Geographic (AG) Society awards which honored conservationists and adventurers.