Bluetooth Semiconductor Market Making Solid Progress
- 2003 TOP TEN TECHNOLOGY FORECAST: COMMUNICATIONS <> WIRELESS NETWORKS. // Electronic Design;1/6/2003, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p112
Reports developments related to wireless communication systems in the U.S. as of January 2003. Role of the semiconductor industry in the development of wireless communication system; Problems over wireless LAN security; Usability of bluetooth technology.
- Are the Salad Days Over for Handset Semiconductors? Nogee, Allen // Electronic News;9/10/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 37, p46
Looks at the impact of the 2001 global economic slump on semiconductor industry and wireless handset chip sector. Global wireless handset semiconductor sales in 2001; Impact of the delayed deployments of next-generation wireless communication services; Bluetooth chipset prices.
- Bluetooth fights back in the industrial and scientific
market. Walsh, Eamonn // Electronics Weekly;2/11/2004, Issue 2133, p14
Up until mid 2003, a Bluetooth skeptic could have characterized the semiconductor industry as one with a few players selling large volumes at little profit, equipment suppliers not selling enough to cover accreditation or marketing costs, and consumers who have tried Bluetooth but struggled with...
- Upcoming Bluetooth Technology Pushes Crystal State-of-the-Art. Pinelli, John G. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Feb2001, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p128
Focuses on Bluetooth wireless interconnectivity for the electronics industry in the United States. Advantages of the Bluetooth technology; Importance of the quartz crystal operating stability in Bluetooth operations; Use of frequency modulation as the radio broadcast mode of choice containing...
- THE YEAR 2000'S TOP 10 EVENTS. Cassell, Jonathan // Electronic News;12/18/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 51, p8
Looks back at the five of the top ten electronics-related events in the year 2000. Rise of the so-called super chipmakers; Shortage of wireless device components; End of dot-com companies.
- Taiwan Makes Moves for More China Investments. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;11/20/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 47, p29
The article focuses on the efforts of the Taiwanese government to increase semiconductor and electronic works in China. The government is set to finalize a plan by the end of 2006 that would allow its chipmakers to use 0.18-micron manufacturing technology in China. Meanwhile, Taiwan's Ministry...
- 802.11, Bluetooth Gain As Home A/V Network Standards. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/12/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p26
Reports on the deployment of the Bluetooth and IEEE 802.11b HR wireless-network standards in consumer electronics products in the United States. Benefits of the enhancements; Basis for the Philips Components module; Offering of Sharewave of free use of its Whitecap technology royalty in an...
- Low-Power Wireless Adoption Set To Spike. // Microwaves & RF;Oct2011, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p7
The article presents information about the report titled, "The World Market for Low-Power Wireless-enabled Consumer Electronics -- 2011 Edition," that provides market estimates and projections for the adoption of low-power wireless technologies. The report says that the Bluetooth technology will...
- High performance analogue good for margins, says CEO. D.M. // Electronics Weekly;6/8/2005, Issue 2197, p16
The article presents information on the technology company Intersil Inc. which moved out of the wireless industry and has not looked back since. According to Rich Beyer, CEO of Intersil, the company has been doing well since getting out of wireless and concentrating on high performance analogue....