SMTA Announces 2003 Hutchins Grant Recipient
- SMTAI Announces Special Symposiums, Emerging Technologies Summit. // Circuits Assembly;Aug2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p8
Minneapolis, Minnesota-based Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA) is celebrating its annual SMTA International conference with the Assembly Tech Expo at the Donald Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois, between September 21-25, 2003. The Emerging Technologies Summit will...
- SMTA Announces Board Election Results. // CircuiTree;Dec2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p3
The article announces the elections of members to the board of directors of the Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA) in October 2007 which include Bill Barthel of Plexus, Laura Turbini of Research in Motion and Joe Belmonte of BOSE Corp.
- Observations from productronica 2015. Marias, Stephen Las // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Dec2015, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p8
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the Surface Mount Technology Association's (SMTA) conference offerings, how to best serve SMTA's membership, and how it promotes technology development in the electronics industry.
- SMTA: Working Hard for the Global Industry. Goldman, Patty // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Dec2015, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p12
An interview with Bill Barthel, president of the Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA), is presented. Topics include the conference offerings of SMTA, the pending retirement of SMTA executive administrator JoAnn Stromberg, and the opportunities for SMTA members. Also discussed are the...
- It's What You Don't Know. Flower, Gail // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;May2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p12
Reports on a panel discussion at the Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA) International in Rosemont, Illinois, focusing on Jisso, a Japanese word that means mounting ot interconnect. Problems at interfaces between different segments of the electronics industry; Members of the Jisso panel;...
- SMTA Forms Technical Committee. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;May2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p26
Reports on the Surface Mount Technology Association's (SMTA) establishment of SMTA International Technical Committee for 2004. Co-location of the SMTA International conference with Assembly Tech Expo at the Donald Stephens Convention Center in Chicago, Illinois; Members of the 2004 committee;...
- SMTA International Announces Best Papers. // CircuiTree;Jan2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p57
The article announces the 2007 awards given by the Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA) including Best Conference Paper to David Hillman and Matt Hamand, Best of Proceedings to Randy Schueller, and Best International Paper to Matthew Kelly, Marie Cole, Jim Wilcox, Jim Bielick and Timothy...
- ASSOCIATION NEWS. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;May2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p26
Reports updates in the Surface Mount Technology Association in the U.S. Establishment of a Moisture-sensitive Devices Council; Membership promotion for the Council; Release of the Testability Guidelines by the Testability Committee.
- Advisory Board Update: Evelyn Baldwin. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Feb2008, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on Evelyn Baldwin, "SMT" Editorial Advisory Board member. It also presents Baldwin's reflections on her experience, with her husband and two children, of having lived for two years in Shanghai, China. The article also stresses that Baldwin has been a member of the Surface...