Ingenico Selects MSL as Strategic Global Supplier
- Direct Deposit and Direct Payment Week Promoted Nationwide. // Financial Update;Jul-Sep2000, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the public awareness and education campaign about the importance of electronic payments, direct deposit and direct payment in the United States through the Direct Deposit and Direct Payment Week from March 15-19, 2000.
- MORE STATES KICKING THE PAPER HABIT. // CardLine;12/29/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 52, p30
The article reports on the announcement by Oregon and Illinois that they are replacing or augmenting paper checks with electronic payments to deliver assistance program funds. Oregon reported that all child-support recipients in 2007 would receive their payments through the state's direct...
- Bids Sought for A Social Security Prepaid Program. Breitkopf, David // American Banker;9/17/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 179, p6
This article reports that the U.S. Treasury Department is seeking bids for a system that would change Social Security checks into prepaid debit cards. The goal is for the program to begin in January 2008. About 20 percent of Social Security payments and veterans' payments are made by check to...
- Indiana Goes Completely Plastic. Gosnell, David // Cards & Payments;Jan2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on Indiana's total abandoning of paper checks in favor of prepaid debit cards to pay out unemployment compensation. Indiana is believed to be the first to use prepaid debit cards and not allow direct deposit as an option. Monty Combs, deputy commissioner for the Indiana...
- Electronic Payment System (EPS): Facilitating the Development and Adoption in Nigeria. Anyanwu, Akudo C.; Ezugwu, Absalom E.; Abdullahi, Sale E. // International Journal of Computer Science Issues (IJCSI);Mar2012, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p462
Parties conducting electronic businesses and transactions have usually never seen each other face-to-face, nor exchanged currency or hard copies of documents hand-to-hand. The society at large prefers transactions that involve physical contact of people, cash and cheques to that which is done...
- AMERICANS CONTINUE TO USE DIRECT DEPOSIT. // Credit Union Management;Jul2004, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the increase in number of direct deposit transactions in the U.S. in 2003, according to the National Automated Clearing House Association. Increase in number of Americans who used direct electronic deposit for their payroll and benefits.
- FORUM Adds Mobile RDC. // Credit Union Times;9/14/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p28
The article focuses on the DeposZip mobile remote-deposit capture (RDC) service from Eastern Corporate Federal Credit Union, being offered by the FORUM Credit Union of Indianapolis to its members, which enables them to log in to their credit union online account and make the deposit.
- Direct deposit for reimbursements. Isenberg, Steven F. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Apr2007, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p216
The article focuses on the advantages of electronic funds transter (EFT). It cites that EFT enables a person to monitor his payments more efficiently. It states that EFT offers real-time information on a certain balance. It notes that direct deposit avoids the problems linked with lost or stolen...
- Notices: BUREAU OF CONSUMER FINANCIAL PROTECTION. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;1/29/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 19, p6074
The article focuses on the delay of the Electronic Fund Transfers (Regulation E) Temporary Delay of Effective Date on February 7, 2013 issued by the U.S. Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection. It says that the date of the 2012 Final Rule is delayed by the Bureau to pending the finalization of...