Missing the Mark
- Mayors might be tested on their bold ideas. Howey, Brian // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/21/95, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p8B
Focuses on Indianapolis Mayor Stephen Goldsmith and South Bend Mayor Joe Kernan and their chances in the 1996 Indiana gubernatorial race. Criticisms on the American Trans Air (ATA) deal; Controversy over College Football Hall of Fame.
- Kernan convenes job-study council. // Indianapolis Business Journal;07/14/97, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p38A
Reports that Lieutenant Governor Joe Kernan will convene a 70-member Jobs Council that will examine job creation and retention efforts in Indiana.
- Good catch. Ketzenberger, John // Indiana Business Magazine;Aug97, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p6
Features Indiana lieutenant governor Joe Kernan. Education; Accomplishments as a mayor in South Bend; Efforts to attract new businesses and maintain existing ones; Promotion of Indiana's agricultural industries; Contributions to the Indiana Department of Commerce; Working relationship with...
- Community is not what it used to be. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;05/04/98, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p15A
Opinion. Discusses the author's perspective of the concept of `community.' Indignation over refusal by airline agents to attend to passengers; Student's displeasure with the selection of Lieutenant Governor Joe Kernan as commencement speaker for University of Notre Dame graduation;...
- Opportunity Indiana postcards drive 1,700 new registrations. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/23/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p15
Reports that more than 1,700 Hoosier businesses have signed up with the Indiana Department of Administration for automatic notice of state contract opportunities. Governor Joe Kernan's "Opportunity Indiana" initiative.
- Kernan no rookie in battling border states. Eckert, Toby // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/25/96, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p1A
Reports on Joe Kernan's taking over of the Indiana Department of Commerce in January 1997. Focus on training and infrastructure grants; High marks for stewardship of the local economy given by business officials in South bend, Indiana; Reassembly of the department's management team;...
- Back to Work. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31726, p31
Reports on the office appointments of Indiana Governor Joe Kernan.
- Kernan's decision is ultimate display of character. Hetrick, Bruce // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/16/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p46
Comments on the decision of lieutenant governor Joe Kernan not to seek the governor's office in 2004. Career background of Kernan; Reason of Kernan for refusing to run for office; Achievements of Kernan.
- Kernan to Run. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p25
Reports that Indiana State Senator Vi Simpson would drop out of the race for governor and endorse Governor Joe Kernan. Career history of Kernan.