District of Columbia city Council OKs Southwest Waterfront Plan
- D.C. considering competitive rating system; bill sent to city council for consideration. // Insurance Advocate;3/30/96, Vol. 107 Issue 13, p10
Reports that the District of Columbia City Council is considering a competitive rating system for insurance. Approval of the proposal by the Committee on Consumer and Regulatory Affairs; Benefits of the proposal for insurers; Encouragement for insurers to do more business in the district.
- Editorial. // Washington Informer;11/17/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p26
The author reflects on increase in the participation of residents in community meetings organized by Ward 8 Washington, D.C. Council and also discusses the Penn State scandal in which Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State football defensive coordinator was accused of sexual assaults against boys.
- D.C. weighs solid waste options. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;05/19/97, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p33
Focuses on recommendations issued by the District of Columbia's City Council, in regards to solid waste programs. Assessment of the changes; Passage of the proposals by the City Council on April 29, 1997; Comments by an official of the Public Works and Environment Committee; Measures proposed...
- D.C. Council Votes to Require Learning for Law Enforcement. Conciatore, Jacqueline // Community College Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p10
Reports on the decision of the Washington D.C. Council to approve a regulation that would require two-year of college education for police recruitments in 2004. Remarks from DC Police Chief Charles Ramsey; Impact of the policy change to the enrollment in criminal justice programs at the...
- Marijuana Policy. // Congressional Digest;Jun2014, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p11
The article discusses a hearing by the U.S. House Subcommittee on Oversight and Government Reform on marijuana decriminalization legislation passed by the District of Columbia City Council in Washington D.C. in May 2014, and includes comments from Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton.
- A Bill for the Wealthy. // Washington Informer;9/29/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 98, p21
The author reflects on the tax hike bill passed by the City Council of Washington D.C. that targets wealthy residents which he argues that the additional revenue must be used on social programs for vulnerable residents of the city.
- D.C. approves insurance reforms. Hofman, Mark A. // Business Insurance;07/17/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p69
Reports on the District of Columbia City Council's approval of a series of insurance reforms including a commercial insurance deregulation bill. Exemption of a commercial risk from rate and form filings if one of seven criteria is met; Rationale for the amendment.
- Norton, City Leaders Condemn Synthetic Marijuana. Wright, James // Washington Informer;12/13/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p13
The article focuses on the initiative of the Washington, D. C. Council to ban synthetic marijuana in the city.
- D.C. Council Votes to Cap Workers' Comp Benefits. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Jan1999, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the District of Columbia City Council's decision to amend a workers' compensation proposal that will cut the cost of workers' compensation by more than originally proposed, but probably by less than what is sought by a Congressionally appointed financial control board. Council's...