Romney Victory: Massachusetts Pension Fund to Search for New Leader
- Mass. PRIM Selects New Leader. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;3/1/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the appointment of Michael Travaglini as executive director of the Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management Board to replace James Hearty. Reason for the resignation of Hearty; Comments from the pension trust's spokesperson Karen Sharma on the hiring process.
- PRIM executive ousted. // Pensions & Investments;8/18/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p1
James Hearty was forced out as executive director of the $28 billion Massachusetts Pension Reserves Investment Management (PRIM) Board. State Treasurer and PRIM Board chairman Tim Cahill on August 14 told Mr. Hearty that he had secured enough board votes to replace him with Steven Weddle, a...
- Companies concerned about money-back guarantee provision. Payne, Beatrix // Pensions & Investments;8/20/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p14
Focuses on the introduction of another pension funds in Frankfurt, Germany. Concerns of executives on the pension fund; Reason for the creation of Pensions Industry Circle; Preference of the use of combined balance sheet reserves and pensionskasse; Establishment of pension trust to remove...
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? Kennedy, Mike // Pensions & Investments;11/26/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p48
Focuses on the corporate pension executives who moved on to other jobs in the United States. Account of Deborah Veverka who worked with the pension fund of Honeywell and moved to Baltimore; Experience of Charles Service in dealing the Brinson Prinson Partners; Assessment of William Parmentier...
- Argentine pension funds moving into attack mode. Ciampi, Thomas V. // Pensions & Investments;4/15/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the impact of Executive Order 471/2002 on pension funds in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Conversion of government loans to AFJP; Reactions of some international firms; Viability of pension business.
- Overdue diligence. // Pensions & Investments;9/30/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p10
Editorial. Comments on the due diligence of executives in government and corporate pension funds. Efforts on background criminal investigations; Evaluation on irregularities of hedge fund managers; Effect of crimes on pension funds and money managers.
- State CIOs see green. Barreto, Susan; Odom, Tamela // Pensions & Investments;7/27/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p1
Presents the findings of a survey by the editors of the `Pensions and Investments' magazine on what states' top pension executives earn and how they rank among other employees in their states. Identity of the four highest-paid public fund executives in the country; Average salary of the four...
- Torfaen to Take Active Management Route. // Investment Management Weekly;6/17/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p1
Focuses on the search of Torfaen County Borough Pension Fund in South Wales for executives to run its fund.
- Indiana Fund Hatches Plan for Alternative Investments. Collings, Richard // Investment Management Weekly;8/6/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p1
Explains Indiana Public Employees' Retirement Fund may search for managers to run its fund alternative investments.