IRS Not Tracking Liberty Bonds, GAO Report Says
- GAO continues to criticize the IRS. // CPA Journal;May94, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p12
Presents General Accounting Office's report on the Internal Revenue Service entitled `IRS Does Not Adequately Manage Its Operating Fund'. Weak systems and controls for ensuring compliance with laws governing the use of budget authority; Fundamental deficiencies in IRS' procedures and internal...
- The inexact science of paying taxes. Burton, Terri; Darce, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/10/95, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p8
Presents the results of a General Accounting Office study on income reporting to the Internal Revenue Service. Net business income reported by sole proprietorships; Track record of accountants, attorneys and doctors.
- Unclear communications. // National Public Accountant;May94, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the Government Accounting Office (GAO) analysis of the letters to taxpayers issued by the Internal Revenue Service in the United States. Decline in responsiveness to taxpayers and practitioners; Plan to upgrade IRS's telephone service.
- IRS brief. // Practical Accountant;Jan97, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p57
Reports on the recommendation by the US General Accounting Office to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to develop and monitor implementation of a strategic framework that links FedState project objectives to IRS. Establishment of performance goals.
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) would not survive an audit. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p40
Reports on the findings of the General Accounting Office's (GAO) examination on the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) financial statement for 1993. IRS' financial management problems; Improper analysis on information on revenue transactions and funds with the Department of Treasury; Failure to...
- GAO says future of electronic filing isn't so rosy. // Practical Accountant;Mar96, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p48
Speculates on the report from the General Accounting Office (GOA) stating that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) electronic filing strategy is not meeting their goals. Statistics showing a decrease in a number of electronic returns; Ideas from the General Accounting Office (GAO) to combat the...
- Reduce regional offices' operations says GAO survey. // Practical Accountant;Oct94, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on the General Accounting Office's (GAO) report `Internal Revenue Service: Changes Needed in the Role of Regional Offices.' Survey on the value of the IRS' seven regional offices; Respondents; Suggestions made by GAO for the effectiveness of the IRS regional offices.
- GAO still not happy with IRS. // CPA Journal;Nov95, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p8
Focuses on the US General Accounting Office's examination of the US Internal Revenue Service's fiscal year 1994 financial statements. Comments on the financial statements; Material weaknesses in internal control; Tax return processing.
- Is the IRS non-filer strategy working? // Practical Accountant;Jul96, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p25
Focuses on the General Accounting Office's (GAO) report to the Commission of Internal Revenue on the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) claims about the success of its Nonfiler Strategy. GAO's comments that the results are less conclusive when compared with the Strategy's goals; Absence of...