High Court Hears Case On River Use
- Supreme Court refuses gun case. // State Government News;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p9
Reports on several hearings of the United States Supreme Court as of November 2001. Refusal to hear a Louisiana dispute on whether cities can sue gun manufacturers for selling unsafe products on October 8, 2001; Information on the Cleveland school-voucher case in Ohio; Hearing of a Virginia...
- LOOKING BACK ON PLANNED PARENTHOOD V. CASEY. Whitman, Chris // Michigan Law Review;Jun2002, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p1980
Reviews the ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court in 1992 in the abortion case, Planned Parenthood v. Casey. Facts of the case; Perspective of the court on women; Significance of the case; Issue of moral conflict.
- Inside the Supreme Court. // Supreme Court Debates;Apr98, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p2
Provides information on the status of important cases considered by the U.S. Supreme Court during the October term 1997 through February 27 , 1998. National Credit Union Administration v. First National Bank & Trust Co.; Douglas McArthur Buchanan v. Angelone, director of the Virginia Department...
- Inside the Supreme Court. // Supreme Court Debates;Mar2000, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p66
Presents developments on the status of important cases before the U.S. Supreme Court, compiled as of March 2000. 'George Price v. Bossier Parish School Board'; 'Los Angeles Police Department v. United Reporting Publishing Corp.'; 'J. Daniel Kimel v. Florida Board of Regents et al.'
- Before the Court. // Supreme Court Debates;Oct2002, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p218
Presents excerpts from the arguments of Michael M. Berger, attorney for Tahoe-Sierra Preservation Council Inc. and John G. Roberts, attorney for Tahoe Regional Planning Agency on prohibitions enacted by the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) before the U.S. Supreme Court on January 7, 2002. ...
- The Justices Weigh in During Oral Arguments. // Supreme Court Debates;Oct2010, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p35
Excerpts from arguments in the case of Mary Berguis v. Van Chester Thompkins to the U.S. Supreme Court on March 1, 2010 are presented.
- Why Contempt Is Different: Agency Costs and 'Petty Crime' in Summary Contempt Proceedings. Fleisig-Greene, Eric // Yale Law Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 112 Issue 5, p1223
Reexamines the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court on the case Bloom versus Illinois, which deals with contempt proceedings. Discussion on the role of the jury; Examination of historical sources to demonstrate the purpose of the jury; Difference of contempt from other crimes.
- Powell v. Texas: The Case of the Intoxicated Shoeshine Man Some Reflections a Generation Later by a Participant. Robinson Jr., David // American Journal of Criminal Law;Summer99, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p401
Presents the case Powell vs. Texas. Facts of the case; Presentation of the case to the U.S. Supreme Court; Meaning of the court's decision to the case.
- Capital Punishment--Jones v. United States. Ryan, Jason M. // American Journal of Criminal Law;Summer99, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p541
Presents information on the case Jones vs. United States. Facts of the case; Decision of the U.S. Supreme Court on the case.