Just How Extensive is the Practice of Strategic Recruitment and Selection?
- Coachable employees play key role in success. Strauss, Steven D. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/26/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p17
The article presents an answer to a question related to employee recruiting. A good employee can become a new profit center, driving sales, helping others succeed and giving the business a better reputation. Honesty, intelligence, skill and affability are important characteristics of a...
- Watch for Job Application Red Flags. Lanphear, Sue // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;6/13/2005, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p2
Provides precautions and signs to the chances of recruiting and hiring unqualified candidates or employees. Failure to sign application letter and consent for background screening; Neglects to explain gaps in employment history; Explanation of gaps in employment record but explanation don't make...
- On the clock but off on their own: Pet-project programs set to gain wider acceptance. Frauenheim, Ed // Workforce Management;4/24/2006, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p40
The article reports that in addition to fueling innovation, policies like Google's 20 percent time can serve as an important recruiting and retention tool, but companies must effectively manage the programs to make sure they pay off. A key to managing pet-project programs is seizing the best...
- Six Answers Interviewers Need. // OfficePro;2006 Special Edition, Vol. 66, p4
The article considers key factors that interviewers need to know when recruiting employees. These include information on job seeker's skills to do the job, his capacity to fit into the organization, his comparative advantage over other candidates for the job and his mind-set which should jibe...
- How toï¿½conduct an interview. Beagrie, Scott // Contract Journal;4/13/2005, Vol. 428 Issue 6520, p63
Offers tips on conducting an interview. Factors to consider in employee recruitment; Preparation of a set of questions; Structure of the interview.
- Recruiting At The Upper Levels. Pompeo, Paul // Lighting Design & Application;Jun2004, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p26
Presents tips on employee hiring. Methods of filling a job opening; Significance of position in determining which method to use; Arguments for using a recruiter.
- Tackling Projects. Gaunt, Kevin // New Zealand Management;Nov2004, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p82
Answers questions about management. Tips on managing projects; Reason behind the move of companies to hire internally before hiring from outside; Advantages of internal recruitment.
- How to tactfully handle 'Hire my relative' pleas. // HR Specialist;Nov2009, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p4
The article presents answers from readers of HR Specialist Forum to a question of what would be the best way to handle relative recruiting pleas. According to a reader, the best thing to do is to let the employee know about the company's recruiting standards. Moreover, another reader suggests to...
- Orange County's Top 10 Reasons to Use a Professional Recruiter. Hannah, Sharon Berg // Orange County Business Journal;3/14/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 11, pA-32
Enumerates the advantages to companies of hiring a professional employee recruiter. Professional recruiters' effect on the success of entire organizations; Ability of professional recruiters to find the best person for the job; Credibility associated with professional recruiters.