Just How Extensive is the Practice of Strategic Recruitment and Selection?
- Six Answers Interviewers Need. // OfficePro;2006 Special Edition, Vol. 66, p4
The article considers key factors that interviewers need to know when recruiting employees. These include information on job seeker's skills to do the job, his capacity to fit into the organization, his comparative advantage over other candidates for the job and his mind-set which should jibe...
- Hiring time: How do you weed out candidates? Rombel, Adam // Business Journal (Central New York);4/22/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p28
Provides tips on hiring good employees. Factors to consider when a candidate submits an application through e-mail; Importance of correct grammar and spelling on cover letters or rï¿½sumï¿½s; Significance of the job seeker's effectiveness in conducting research about the company.
- First steps. Martindale, Nick // Personnel Today;2/27/2007, Special section p5
The article presents some suggestions from the author on how to carry out successful recruitment processes. It is very important to decide which model will work best for a organization. Once a model is decided, organization can invite agencies to tender by sending out a general invitation to a...
- Coachable employees play key role in success. Strauss, Steven D. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/26/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p17
The article presents an answer to a question related to employee recruiting. A good employee can become a new profit center, driving sales, helping others succeed and giving the business a better reputation. Honesty, intelligence, skill and affability are important characteristics of a...
- Chapter 2: Staff recruitment. // Managing & Employing People Pocketbook;7/1/2004, p29
Chapter 2 of the book "Managing & Employing People" is presented. It discusses the recruitment of human resources, an indispensable factor in all types of businesses. It elaborates the steps in the selection process; identifying the tasks that the employee needs to perform, and assessing the...
- HOW TO AVOID A HIRING DISASTER. Kinnersley, Adrian // Treasurer;Mar2014, p58
The article focuses on how to avoid recruiting a wrong person, which can be costly and time consuming. Organisations that develop an effective and efficient recruitment process consistently get rewarded with the best hires. A good recruitment consultant can offer useful intelligence, whether a...
- Watch for Job Application Red Flags. Lanphear, Sue // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;6/13/2005, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p2
Provides precautions and signs to the chances of recruiting and hiring unqualified candidates or employees. Failure to sign application letter and consent for background screening; Neglects to explain gaps in employment history; Explanation of gaps in employment record but explanation don't make...
- How toï¿½conduct an interview. Beagrie, Scott // Contract Journal;4/13/2005, Vol. 428 Issue 6520, p63
Offers tips on conducting an interview. Factors to consider in employee recruitment; Preparation of a set of questions; Structure of the interview.
- Recruiting At The Upper Levels. Pompeo, Paul // Lighting Design & Application;Jun2004, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p26
Presents tips on employee hiring. Methods of filling a job opening; Significance of position in determining which method to use; Arguments for using a recruiter.