Just How Extensive is the Practice of Strategic Recruitment and Selection?
- Recruiting At The Upper Levels. Pompeo, Paul // Lighting Design & Application;Jun2004, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p26
Presents tips on employee hiring. Methods of filling a job opening; Significance of position in determining which method to use; Arguments for using a recruiter.
- How to tactfully handle 'Hire my relative' pleas. // HR Specialist;Nov2009, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p4
The article presents answers from readers of HR Specialist Forum to a question of what would be the best way to handle relative recruiting pleas. According to a reader, the best thing to do is to let the employee know about the company's recruiting standards. Moreover, another reader suggests to...
- Orange County's Top 10 Reasons to Use a Professional Recruiter. Hannah, Sharon Berg // Orange County Business Journal;3/14/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 11, pA-32
Enumerates the advantages to companies of hiring a professional employee recruiter. Professional recruiters' effect on the success of entire organizations; Ability of professional recruiters to find the best person for the job; Credibility associated with professional recruiters.
- recruitment in focusThe candidate experience. // Personnel Today;7/7/2009, p17
The article offers tips on how to have an efficient candidate management process in place. The best organizations will offer a high-contact approach with a personal touch with a well-designed selection process and a good applicant tracking system (ATS) which can partially automate the process....
- Hiring options should include "second-careerers". Randell, Sandy // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p6
The article focuses on second-careerers and career-comebackers as hiring alternatives in the United States. This pool of workers are educated, skilled, motivated and experienced. The U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics has listed the top five super sector employment growth...
- Hiring time: How do you weed out candidates? Rombel, Adam // Business Journal (Central New York);4/22/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p28
Provides tips on hiring good employees. Factors to consider when a candidate submits an application through e-mail; Importance of correct grammar and spelling on cover letters or rÃ©sumÃ©s; Significance of the job seeker's effectiveness in conducting research about the company.
- Recruitment Branding: Attracting and Retaining Diverse Talent. Carey, Deborah // Diversity Factor;Spring2007, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p20
The article discusses the importance of recruitment brand in attracting and retaining employees in a company. It mentions that recruitment branding is a decisive aspect for creating an effective recruitment team. It also presents some guidelines on how to have a successful recruitment branding...
- Opportunity in A Soft Labor Market. Vollmer, Diana // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Oct2008, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p26
The article discusses the issues concerning personnel management. It includes personnel selection and the process in finding the best employee to fill any position in a company. It suggests to obtain a large pool of applications and the use of paper-and-pencil tests which can help identify...
- Employer branding vital. // Finweek;5/3/2007, p50
The article presents information on employer branding. According to Toni Kaski, employer branding consultant at Magnet Communications, that employer branding is considered as one of the foundations of successful recruitment and withholding of employees. In addition, it is a process that implies...