Just How Extensive is the Practice of Strategic Recruitment and Selection?
- Watch for Job Application Red Flags. Lanphear, Sue // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;6/13/2005, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p2
Provides precautions and signs to the chances of recruiting and hiring unqualified candidates or employees. Failure to sign application letter and consent for background screening; Neglects to explain gaps in employment history; Explanation of gaps in employment record but explanation don't make...
- Six Answers Interviewers Need. // OfficePro;2006 Special Edition, Vol. 66, p4
The article considers key factors that interviewers need to know when recruiting employees. These include information on job seeker's skills to do the job, his capacity to fit into the organization, his comparative advantage over other candidates for the job and his mind-set which should jibe...
- Recruiting At The Upper Levels. Pompeo, Paul // Lighting Design & Application;Jun2004, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p26
Presents tips on employee hiring. Methods of filling a job opening; Significance of position in determining which method to use; Arguments for using a recruiter.
- Tackling Projects. Gaunt, Kevin // New Zealand Management;Nov2004, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p82
Answers questions about management. Tips on managing projects; Reason behind the move of companies to hire internally before hiring from outside; Advantages of internal recruitment.
- How to tactfully handle 'Hire my relative' pleas. // HR Specialist;Nov2009, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p4
The article presents answers from readers of HR Specialist Forum to a question of what would be the best way to handle relative recruiting pleas. According to a reader, the best thing to do is to let the employee know about the company's recruiting standards. Moreover, another reader suggests to...
- Orange County's Top 10 Reasons to Use a Professional Recruiter. Hannah, Sharon Berg // Orange County Business Journal;3/14/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 11, pA-32
Enumerates the advantages to companies of hiring a professional employee recruiter. Professional recruiters' effect on the success of entire organizations; Ability of professional recruiters to find the best person for the job; Credibility associated with professional recruiters.
- What can I earnï¿½ in recruitment in Yorkshire? // Personnel Today;6/5/2007, p33
The article reports that recruitment specialist roles are usually filled by those people who have gained experience in a general human resource (HR) role, before choosing to specialize in recruitment. A recruitment officer normally assists with all aspects of the recruitment process. The main...
- STAR ROLES. Lovewell, Debbie // Employee Benefits;Dec2005, p38
The article focuses on the importance of branding in recruitment of employees in Great Britain. New graduates look for companies with good reputation. On the other hand, employers offer attractive reward package, solid training and career opportunities to boost its brand. Even the government...
- recruitment in focusThe candidate experience. // Personnel Today;7/7/2009, p17
The article offers tips on how to have an efficient candidate management process in place. The best organizations will offer a high-contact approach with a personal touch with a well-designed selection process and a good applicant tracking system (ATS) which can partially automate the process....