Maryland Agency Boosts Housing Deal to $276 Million
- Grants, contests, etc. Carter, Kim // Tech & Learning;Jan98, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p74
Presents information on grants and contests which could assist individuals with expanding their budgets to finance and launch technology projects. Details on a grant program launched by Cisco Systems; Description of the 1998 Young Inventors Awards Program by the National Science Teachers...
- White-picket welfare. Overby, Peter // Common Cause Magazine;Fall93, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p21
Discusses federal spending in Cobb County, Georgia. Cobb County residents' views on federal spending; Rep. Newt Gingrich of east Cobb; Anti-government sentiments; Federal patronage of Cobb; Community development projects; Federal college grants and loans to Cobb; Federal funds for public...
- Seed money bearing fruit. McNulty, Ian // New Orleans Magazine;Jun2010, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p29
The article reports on the New Orleans Food and Farm Network's plan regarding the Harry Chaplin Self-Reliance Award, a grant of 7,000 dollars that they received from WhyHunger, wherein it will be used for its Farm Yard Project.
- NY empowerment zone loser. Lipowicz, Alice // Crain's New York Business;1/23/95, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p1
Reports on government grants for community development in the Harlem and South Bronx districts of New York City. Role taken by non-profit groups in the early stage of the process; Peripheral involvement of local business people; Aim to attract business to the area.
- Manchester, Berlin win revitalization grants. // New Hampshire Business Review;9/23/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p50
The article reports that Berlin and Manchester, New Hampshire will receive almost five million U.S. dollars federal aid for the revitalization of their communities with high rates for abandonment and foreclosure.
- Federal and Ford Foundation grants. // Alaska Business Monthly;Oct97, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p16
Announces a series of grants to Alaskan community development programs by the Alaska Congressional Delegation in Washington (D.C.). Award of a $20,000 Ford Foundation Grant given to the State Department of Community and Regional Affairs CDQ Program; Additional information on the federal grants...
- District of Columbia turns to Capitol Hill for debt relief. Grant, Ruth Ann // AHA News;12/23/96, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p4
Reports on the District of Columbia's request for financial help from the federal government. Comments of Mayor Marion Barry; Amount needed by Washington, D.C. to put community services back on line; Recommendation of options for specific state-related functions of the District; Criticism of...
- 31 grants totaling $35M will provide seed money for low-income projects. de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;8/1/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 146, p3
Reports on the federal government's announcement of 31 community development grants to provide seed money to banks for low-income projects. Creation of the Community Development Financial Institution Fund; Allocation to credit unions.
- Project in City Heights gets $5m loan assistance. // San Diego Business Journal;10/07/96, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p11
Reports that San Diego, California has been awarded $5 million in loan assistance from the United States federal government to purchase property in City Heights. How the the loan will be used; Components of the loan; Comments from Republican Bob Filner.
- Brooklyn culture receives $5.3 M boost. // New York Amsterdam News;07/30/98, Vol. 89 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the appropriation of $5.3 million for capital projects at cultural institutions in Brooklyn. Comments from Brooklyn Borough President Howard Golden; Significance of this allocation of funds; Details on how the money will be used.