York, Pa., Stadium Critics: County Could End Up on the Hook
- South London sports. Hawkins, Charmain // C20: The Magazine of the Twentieth Century Society;Autumn2012, p58
The article describes an architectural tour of some of the less well known twentieth century sporting venues in South London, England by some of the Twentieth Century (C20) Society members including the Temple Bowling Club, the Herne Hill Velodrome and the Crystal Palace National Recreation Centre.
- New look for Hove seafront unveiled. // Building Design;3/14/2003, Issue 1570, p2
Reports on the architectural design of sports center in Sussex County, England. Building designers; Building scheme.
- Big-League dreams. Gonchar, Joann // Architectural Record;Dec2012, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p95
An introduction is presented which discusses various reports within the issue on topics including sports facilities, project-delivery methods, and the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York City.
- LETTERS. Austin, Mike; Watkins, Tony; Mellor, Mike // Architecture New Zealand;May/Jun2013, Issue 3, p18
Several letters to the editor are presented including one from Mike Austin on the Hastings City Art Gallery competition, one from Tony Watkins on the Harbour Board controversy, and one from Mike Mellor on the ASB Sports Centre in Wellington, New Zealand.
- Atlantico Pavilion Lisbon, Portugal. Cohn, David // Architectural Record;Aug1999, Vol. 187 Issue 8, p114
Discusses the design of the Atlantico Pavilion in Lisbon, Portugal. Laminated-wood truss supported ovoid roof over the main arena; Wood-trussed roof arched auxiliary hall; Energy-efficient design; Operable central skylights providing daylighting and ventilation; Methaporical allusion of roof...
- Packard Stadium Batting Tunnel Arizona State University. Kubany, Elizabeth Harrison // Architectural Record;Aug1999, Vol. 187 Issue 8, p130
Discusses the design of Arizona State University's Packard Stadium Batting Tunnel/Training Facility in Rio Salado Parkway, Arizona. Need to respond to the desert sun; Integral-colored concrete masonry cladding; Steel cable fence for security measures; Open east-side elevation; Cantilevered...
- 26TH ANNUAL ARCHITECTURAL SHOWCASE 2013. // Athletic Business;Jun2013, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p22
An index of athletic, fitness and recreation facilities that will be judged in the periodical's 26th Annual Architectural Showcase 2013 is presented.
- Manchester's dream of its own arena becomes reality. Kenny, Jack // New Hampshire Business Review;11/16/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p14A
Announces the opening of the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, New Hampshire. Facilities of the sports and entertainment facility; Challenges encountered in building the arena; Architectural style used; Implications of the arena for the economy of the city.
- THE BEST DAMN NEW STADIUM, PERIOD. Richmond, Peter // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Sep2003, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p156
Discusses the comments of architects and architecture critics on the Chicago Bears' Soldier Field home stadium. Description of the stadium; Theme and concept of the structure.
- Facilities Architects. // Athletic Business;Mar2011, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p279
A directory for various architectural firms that offer athletic, recreation and fitness facility is presented, including Architectural Design Group Inc., Baker Barrios Architects and Architectural Associates Ltd.