York, Pa., Stadium Critics: County Could End Up on the Hook
- Sport training. Bingham-Hall, Patrick // Architecture Australia;May/Jun98, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p56
Focuses on the architectural design of the Olympic Park in Sydney, Australia designed by Rodney Uren and Ken Maher of Hassell. Features of the park; Description of the architecture design of the park.
- Bubbling under the surface. // Building Design;10/22/2004, Issue 1647, Special section p12
Focuses on the creation of the National Swimming Center in Beijing, China for the 2008 Olympics. Competition to design the center in 2003; Amenities of the center; Cost of the center.
- South London sports. Hawkins, Charmain // C20: The Magazine of the Twentieth Century Society;Autumn2012, p58
The article describes an architectural tour of some of the less well known twentieth century sporting venues in South London, England by some of the Twentieth Century (C20) Society members including the Temple Bowling Club, the Herne Hill Velodrome and the Crystal Palace National Recreation Centre.
- Public/private partnership makes sports dome a reality. Walsh, Michael // Parks & Recreation;Jan98, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p26
Details the efforts of public officials and private entrepreneurs in building the Rice & Arlington Sports Dome in St. Paul, Minnesota. Features of the facility; Brief information on funding for the facility.
- New look for Hove seafront unveiled. // Building Design;3/14/2003, Issue 1570, p2
Reports on the architectural design of sports center in Sussex County, England. Building designers; Building scheme.
- Big-League dreams. Gonchar, Joann // Architectural Record;Dec2012, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p95
An introduction is presented which discusses various reports within the issue on topics including sports facilities, project-delivery methods, and the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York City.
- LETTERS. Austin, Mike; Watkins, Tony; Mellor, Mike // Architecture New Zealand;May/Jun2013, Issue 3, p18
Several letters to the editor are presented including one from Mike Austin on the Hastings City Art Gallery competition, one from Tony Watkins on the Harbour Board controversy, and one from Mike Mellor on the ASB Sports Centre in Wellington, New Zealand.
- High-tech sports complex proposed for Queens site. // Architectural Record;Nov1984, Vol. 172 Issue 13, p59
Looks at the proposed sports stadium called The Appledome in Long Island, New York. Key features; Schedule of the project's completion.
- Atlantico Pavilion Lisbon, Portugal. Cohn, David // Architectural Record;Aug1999, Vol. 187 Issue 8, p114
Discusses the design of the Atlantico Pavilion in Lisbon, Portugal. Laminated-wood truss supported ovoid roof over the main arena; Wood-trussed roof arched auxiliary hall; Energy-efficient design; Operable central skylights providing daylighting and ventilation; Methaporical allusion of roof...