NEWS IN BRIEF
- The final edition of Economic & Labour Market Review. // Economic & Labour Market Review;May2011, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p4
This article introduces the final edition of the journal "Economic & Labour Market Review."
- SUMMARY AND CONCLUSIONS. // OECD Economic Surveys: Baltic States;Mar2003, p7
Summarizes the chapters of a report on the economic history of three Baltic States, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania as of March 2003. Chapter which dealt with labor market policy; Chapters which focused on pension policy, long-term care of the elderly and means-tested social assistance benefits.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;10/9/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31737, p2
Reports on several news brief related to economic conditions in the U.S. Factors that contributes to the improvement of financial conditions; Inclusion in the professional equipment sales; Improvement in the labor market.
- ENERGIZED BY CHANGE. // Business North Carolina;Mar2011, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p72
The article focuses on the economic growth of Pitt County, North Carolina. The growth is attributed by locals to their ability to recruit and retain the best and brightest workers who have contributed to the county's diversified economy, as well as to their shared sense of community. Building on...
- EXPLAINING LEVELS OF WITHIN-GROUP WAGE INEQUALITY IN U.S. LABOR MARKETS. McCall, Leslie // Demography;Nov2000, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p415
The article focuses on the extent and sources of within-group wage inequality the United States labor market in 1990. studies indicate that the within-group component of inequality has accounted for one-quarter to over one-half of the overall increase in inequality. Yet the rise of within-group...
- The practice of agency work in the Slovak Republic as a consequence of labour market liberalisation. Olšovská, Andrea; Švec, Marek // South East Europe Review (SEER);2013, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p313
Agency work is considered to be one of the essential tools of the modern labour market that allows employers to respond flexibly to changed economic conditions, depending on greater or lesser requirements for labour. A progressively developing segment of the European labour market, agency work...
- DOING IT BETTER. Read, Ellen // New Zealand Management;Feb2008, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p1
The author offers insights about the situation for organizations and businesses in New Zealand in 2008. Just like in 2007, these organizations will be facing several challenges like tight labor market, slowing economic conditions and increasing competition. To overcome these challenges, these...
- RISK SUMMARY: ESTONIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2006, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p10
Presents news briefs on the political and economic conditions in Estonia as of April 2006. Disagreements between members of the governing coalition over issues relating to the proposed Estonian Development Fund; Labor market performance in the country in 2005; Delay in the compilation of the...
- Labor Market Realities in Eastern Germany. Hoene, Bernd // Challenge (05775132);Jul/Aug91, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p17
This article examines the challenges being faced by the labor market in Eastern Germany, as of July 1991. History gave the German people a unique chance to overcome one of the grievous consequences of World War II by establishing a unified state in 1990. Radical changes in nearly every social...