A note on local industry asset betas for cost of capital computations
Tags: ASSETS (Accounting)
- It's eleven o'clock; do you know where your...? Gilmore, Kim // Automatic I.D. News;Mar1996, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p62
Offers tips for companies on planning an asset tracking system. Recycling of resources whenever possible; Monitoring of a company's financial health; Definition of an asset; Evaluation of the system considered for flexibility; Types of asset marking needed; Data collection equipment.
- 2000 results for 242 Chicago-area banks. // Crain's Chicago Business;2002 Book of Lists, Vol. 24 Issue 53, p51
Presents the rankings of banks based on the percent return on average assets for the year 2000 in Chicago, Illinois. List of ranked banks; Percent return on equity of banks; Bank equity capital.
- Chicago's largest banks. // Crain's Chicago Business;2002 Book of Lists, Vol. 24 Issue 53, p59
Presents the rankings of largest banks based on assets as of March 2001 in Chicago, Illinois. List of ranked banks; Bank assets in millions; Earnings of the banks; Loans for industrial domestic purposes.
- Living with SFAS 121: How to avoid (or record) an asset writedown. Zucca, Linda J. // National Public Accountant;Sep97, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p40
Outlines the provisions of Statement of Financial Accounting Standards (SFAS) 121 on long-lived assets. Interpretations of provisions that enable management to formulate strategies to avoid or record writedowns; Requirements for the application of SFAS 121; SFAS 121 adoption strategies;...
- Ryan Labs pension fund monitor. Hall, John // Pensions & Investments;12/09/96, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p8
Presents information on total returns of assets and liabilities, with the use of Pensions & Investments' annual survey for asset mix.
- Activating your asset allocation. Ballard, Ednalou C. // BusinessWest;Oct93, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p46
Discusses the active asset allocation system. Establishment and management of an asset allocation model; Risk tolerance profile; Need to track fundamental factors and formulas; Acquisition of professional asset managers; Required expertise.
- Investment commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/19/96, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p16
Opinion. Presents a checklist of things to consider when totalling assets. Includes types of liquid assets; Possible share of investment in one's net worth; Values of the home and other real estate property.
- LARGEST COMMERCIAL BANKS: Ranked by 2001 assets. // Crain's Detroit Business;9/9/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p20
Presents a chart depicting the ranking of commercial banks in Detroit, Michigan. Return on assets at Standard Federal Bank; Average capital at Comerica Bank; Net income of Bank One Michigan.
- Offshore trusts protect assets of high-risk earners. King, Carole // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/10/94, Vol. 98 Issue 41, p7
Reports that high-risk earners like real estate agents and insurance agents can benefit from some form of assets and credit protection in the form of offshore corporate trustees in the Cayman Islands and Jersey and Guernsey. Functions of offshore corporate trustees.