Good policies for insurance
- National self-insurance tale is being rewritten in Florida. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/23/95, Vol. 99 Issue 43, p9
Reports on the return of national workers compensation insurance carriers to Florida. Competition between insurance companies and self-insurance funds; Increase in the market share of self-insurer; Reason for the demise of the traditional insurance market in the state; Advantages and...
- Corporate Healthcare Reform through a Medical Captive Program. Madden, Robert P. // Business Journal (Central New York);10/14/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p13
The article offers information on the medical captive program launched by First Niagara Benefits Consulting that will enable employers to participate in a fully insured group to lessen their healthcare expenses.
- Insurance hunt. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Jul2012, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p24
The article offers information on the Employers' Liability Tracing Office (ELTO) service which was introduced by the insurance industry in Great Britain to help those who have suffered a workplace injury or illness search employers' liability (EL) insurance policies using a central database.
- U.K.'s Independent Reports Growing Business in Ireland. // Best's Review;Aug2000, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p126
Reveals that Great Britain-based Independent Insurance plc has achieved double its premium target for new commercial business. Amount of premium garnered by Independent in Ireland from January to July 2000; Offering of business liability products, commercial combined cover and contractors and...
- London broker's EPL cover offers unlimited defense. Bowers // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Nov99, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p108
Focuses on the United States debut of employment practices liability insurance from England-based London Special Risks Ltd. Unlimited defense coverage for employment-related lawsuits; Options for extra protection.
- Sex injury comp claim gets no love from court. Ceniceros, Roberto; Dunning, Matt; Greenwald, Judy; Kenealy, Bill; Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;11/4/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 22, p0048
The article discusses the decision of the highest court in the Australian judicial system on an incident involving the unnamed worker of the Australia's Human Relations Section of the Commonwealth Government was injured and ruled that the insurer was not liable for the woman injuries.
- Scrambling for the top. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/14/99, Vol. 65 Issue 24, p12
Analyzes the outcome of the predatory fervor reigning among high-grade underwriting leagues in the United States. Reaction of competitors to the financial losses suffered by corporate debt underwriters Merrill Lynch & Co. and Goldman, Sachs & Co. in 1998; Perception of vulnerability of...
- Coverage. // Risk Management (00355593);Mar2002, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p5
The article focuses on several companies in the financial service industry. American International Group (AIG) Private Client Group offers employment practices liability coverage to protect individuals against allegations of sexual harassment, wrongful termination and discrimination made by...
- Severability creating new D&O challenges. Bailey, Dan A. // Business Insurance;12/15/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 50, p14
Generally, courts have held that a misrepresentation made by one insured in the directors and officers liability insurance application can void the policy for all insured, including those who had no knowledge of the misrepresentation or the facts that were not properly disclosed. Because...