Silentnight to return to family fold
- Keeping it in the family. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/10/2003, Issue 5359, p3
Comments on the transition of Silentnight Holdings into a family-owned business enterprise in Great Britain. Inability to use the share capital for business growth; Investment interest of Ken Karmin on company; Agreement of stockholders to the corporate valuation.
- Marketing award for silentnight. // Cabinet Maker;01/28/2000, Issue 5172, p1
Reports that the marketing team at Silentnight Beds has received the Consumer Marketing award at the Furniture Industry Awards gala dinner for its advertising campaign featuring a hippo and duck.
- Silentnight snaps up Ducal for Â£15m. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/03/2000, Issue 5212, p1
Reports on Silentnight Holdings' acquisition of Ducal, a cabinet and upholstery manufacturer in Great Britain.
- Silentnight warns of more restructuring pain. // Cabinet Maker;5/9/2003, Issue 5337, p3
Reports on the financial performance of furniture firm Silentnight Holdings in Great Britain as of May 9, 2003. Restructuring cost; Pre-tax losses; Operating profits; Bed sales.
- Growing Silentnight looks forward to investment boost. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;05/15/98, Issue 5088, p5
Reports on the increase in the profits of Silentnight Holdings due to the 10 percent and 11 percent rise in bed and cabinet sales in Great Britain. Increase in the sales of the country's bed trade; Expectations of continued increase in sales with the warehousing and extensions at Perfecta and...
- New lines bring in orders for Silentnight Group. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;09/18/98, Issue 5106, p4
Reports on Silentnight Group's launching of a line of furniture at Salterforth in England. Attendance at the launch; Value of orders; Notable items from the line.
- Children are the goal. // Cabinet Maker;05/12/2000, Issue 5187, p4
Reports on Silentnight Furniture's plan to branch out into the children's market with the launch of its Mad About Football bedroom cabinet range at its At Home.
- Three-store independent turns its back on furniture. // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2011, Issue 5737, p5
The article reports that the family-owned independent stores The Sofa Market and Wrays Furnishers have been relaunched as The Traders Outlet in Manchester, England.
- Silentnight Beds wins first Internet award. // Cabinet Maker;01/26/2001, Issue 5222, p2
Reports that Silentnight Beds has won the first Furniture Industry Awards Consumer Internet Award.