Buyers quit Allders amid reports of furniture cutback
- Allders changes approach. // Housewares;Feb2001, Issue 156, p56
Reports that Allders plans to revise the format of some department stores it has acquired from C and A in Great Britain as of February 2001.
- Allders' profits plummet... // Cabinet Maker;12/03/99, Issue 5166, p3
Reports on the decline in profits at department store chain Allders due to a shift in high street spending patterns.
- Allders sets sail for Plymouth. // Cabinet Maker;2/1/2002, Issue 5272, p2
Reports the opening of the department store chain of Allders PLC in Plymouth, England.
- Allders at home with rocketing furniture orders. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;06/05/98, Issue 5091, p4
Reports on the strong market performance of the British department store chain Allders. Increase in the sales of cabinet and upholstery; Marketing strategy; Influence of the store's high street presence.
- Allders promises more lines at Owen Owen. Petty, Colin // Housewares;Oct96, Issue 130, p4
Focuses on Allders company's acquisition of Owen Owen department stores from Philip Green's Xception group company in Bournemouth, Great Britain. How the purchase was funded; Report of Harvey Lipsith, Allders chief executive on the demand for household merchandise; Benefits of the acquisition.
- GREEN SINGS THE BLUES. Mills, Lauren // In-Store;Mar2005, p19
Comments on Terry Green, former chief of department store Allders. Career in department store Debenhams prior to his joining Allders; Termination at Allders; Rumored plans of Green after his termination.
- Allders results are a mixed blessing. // Cabinet Maker;12/01/2000, Issue 5216, p2
Reports on the financial performance of British furniture company Allders for the period ended September 30, 2000 including an increase in furniture sales.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;10/25/2002, Issue 5310, p3
Presents updates on British furniture manufacturers as of October 25, 2002. Offer of Tesco Clubcard points by Allders; Closure of Greenland Furnishing; Change in the web site of Domain Furniture.
- Maples brands set for spring return after Allders furniture sales leap 30%. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/12/97, Issue 5068, p2
Reports on the return of the Maples and Waring & Gillow furniture brands to the stores of retailer Allders PLC as it tries to recapture a greater share of the furniture market in Great Britain. Target of 100 million pounds for furniture sales in 1998; Sales in the cabinet, upholstery and bed...