Determinants of enrollment among applicants to PACE
- Senior citizens and rural health care. // AHA News;6/19/95, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p5
Reports on the finding of the Federal Council on Aging that American rural senior citizens have higher risk of poor health. Senior citizens access to health care resources.
- Traditional Medicare loses appeal to doctors. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;10/2/95, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p3
Reports that traditional Medicare might remain an option for senior citizens but wonders whether there would be doctors willing to provide the service. Choices of medical care for senior citizens; Proposed cutbacks to medical care providers.
- Race, income influence health care for seniors. // AHA News;09/16/96, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p5
Reports on the findings of a study by the Health Care Financing Administration on the impact of race and income on type of health services elderly Americans have access to. Comparison of attitudes of African-American Medicare beneficiaries and white counterparts; Comparison between poor and...
- NACDS urges chains to woo federal retirees. // Drug Store News;12/11/95, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p23
Reports on the National Association of Chain Drug Stores' call to drug chains to identity federal retirees and send them letters suggesting they consider switching out of the mail-order-oriented prescription drug program administered by Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Co-pay requirements; Use of...
- Aging Medicare population: CYs 1978-93. // Health Care Financing Review;1995 Supplement, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the aging Medicare population in the United States for the calendar years 1978 to 1993. Factors reflecting the rise in Medicare program payments; Percentage of total Medicare population represented by beneficiaries 65 years of age and o ver; Decline of the age group as a percent of...
- State-By-State Analysis Shows Proposed Bush 17% Medicare Program Cuts Is 'Cliff' // Insurance Advocate;4/8/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 13, p40
Analyzes the proposed Medicare program cuts of U.S. President George W. Bush on March 25, 2002.
- Saving Medicare. O'Keeffe, Janet; Lamphere, Jo Ann // Issues in Science & Technology;Summer98, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p65
Provides information on Medicare, while focusing on how changes to the Medicare program will affect the neediest among the elderly in the United States. Expectations for Medicare in the year 2008; What the solvency of the Medicare Part A trust fund depends on; Year in which the Medicare program...
- Tips for hitting the half-century mark. E.B. // Medical Update;Nov95, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on the medical care for persons 50 years old and above in the United States. Review of adult vaccination status; Administration of diphtheria and tetanus toxoid as indicated; Presence of risk factors.
- Closing the gap with Medigap. E.B. // Medical Update;Jan96, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the future of health coverage for seniors in the United States. Confusion over the purchase of private supplemental (Medigap) insurance for what is not covered by Medicare; Best time to buy Medigap coverage; Description of benefits of Medigap plans; Contact information for a Medicare...
- Give America's retirees access to prescription drugs. Findal, Bobby // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);07/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p27
Focuses on the health care program for seniors citizens in the United States. Need to inclusion of prescription drugs in Medicare coverage; Factors inhibiting the reconstruction of Medicare program model; Efforts of Senator John Breaux and Representative Bill Thomas to modernized Medicare...